Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic wakes all night draining battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My less then one year old Ionic has only been getting around 2 days out of a full charge without using GPS at all. I also noticed that the watch had stopped waking when I raised my arm however when laying in bed with the watch laying flat and stationary it would continually wake. It does not appear to do this during the day. I turned wake to manual and this continued. I have done a factory reset but still have the same issue. It went from 100% down to 71% this morning! I think the watch is faulty, has anyone else had these issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Ironically I was just about to post exactly the same issue, but thought I would do a quick search of the forums first.

Have pretty much followed the exact same remediation efforts you have and it still now only lasts at best 40hrs and then dies, unless I charge it.

40hrs effectively means it is good for a day and then has to be charged again, otherwise it dies during the 2nd night. So I now have a 15month old Ionic, that lasts a day.

Fitbit - Are we unique, or is this a known issue ? Can we return the item and ask for a replacement based on this ? Being UK based, I think I get a 2yr warranty so in theory should be covered, but having heard that so many people are now getting 2 days battery life after the last major Firmware upgrade late last year, I can see the retailer claiming its a Feature of the product, not a fault.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thought I would add a point of data.  My Ionic was about 16 months old when the battery quickly degraded to about 24 hours of use (no GPS).  I contacted Fitibit and they wouldn't touch it because it was out of warranty.  The battery eventually died while out on a run and I was unable to charge it again after that point.

I had purchased my Ionic from Walmart and I purchased an extended warranty so I sent it in.  Their warranty is handled by Asurion and the paperwork they sent back with the Ionic after repair indicated the battery was defective and they replaced it (funny they can replace a battery but Fitibit can't).  I've only had it back for a few days now but I am now losing about 15% battery life over 24 hours so that would seem to indicate I'm back to 3-4 days battery life.

So in my case, it definitely appears to have been a battery issue.

Ionic, Pixel 2 XL
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no resolution with this, feel like I am going round in circles with Fitbit support!  Wish I could track my steps while I was doing it.  Despite giving them a very detailed description of the problem and the steps taken to rectify it, I keep getting emails telling me to go through the exact same steps and largely ignoring the real problem.  They are fixated on the battery which they have worked out is not draining prematurely, this is because (as I told them) I am no longer wearing the watch.  It does not count steps, it does not wake when I want it to but it does when I don't want it to (all **ahem** night).  All I want is to know how to get the watch repaired or replaced as it is under warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes