Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic was not tracking stats on device screen but was sync stats to Android phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I started with the issue of my Ionic screen displaying "0"s for all my stats for 3 days, however it was syncing stats to my Android phone.  I tried restarting the Ionic and my phone several times.  After reading the help topics I tried a factory reset.  I have re-paired the bluetooth connection between the device and my phone.  Now I cannot set up the device on my account.  I deleted the old connection as it would not let me add it again with the original connection present.  Now the Ionic will not do anything, it just displays the "Hi! Get started at www.Fitbit.com/setup" screen.  When trying to set up the ionic on my phone app via "add a device", when I select the Ionic option and select "Set Up Your Fitbit Ionic" nothing happens.  Please help.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

First thing is to remove the ionic from your phones Bluetooth, this pairing can not be done by the user. but must be done by the app during the setup process. That is if the app needs it to be paired. 

If indeed the user was able to manually pair the tracker to the phone, this pair staus will keep the App from finding the un-paired tracker, since as for as the phone is concearned it allready is connected .

Best Answer
0 Votes
Many thanks for replying to my post. I have unpaired my device from my
phone and retried the set up from the app and the same issue arose.
Nothing happened after selecting "Ionic" and then pressing the " Set Up
your Fitbit Ionic" button, it just goes back to my account screen with
the option of "+ Set up a new device" and does nothing on the app or the
Ionic device.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This same thing is happening to me. It started on July 2nd.

My watch shows all 0s for all stats but my dashboard and phone app are still updating stats as if they are being tracked by the phone.

Restarting the phone doesn't help.

Charging the phone doesn't help.

Factory reset didn't seem to work for the original poster of this thread.

Any other ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the problem is on the Ionic I would not expect a phone restart to work .same with a factory reset of the phone. 

Have you tried shutting down or restarting the ionic? 

Try adding the ionic as a replacement device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So... read "phone" as "Watch"

I was a bit distracted when I typed the post.

I restarted the FitBit Ionic multiple times. I'll try adding it as a replacement device and report back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to fix this issue by changing my watch face...

Weird fix... but all the stats came back once the watch face changed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had it happen to me and i just changed the clock face and it fixed itself

Best Answer
0 Votes
Many thanks for the tip - I will try that as well!

Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes