Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic went black and won’t restart

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed the home screen went black last night in the middle of the night when I woke up once. Now I’m up and it’s not working, tried to restart but isn’t giving and signs of working:(. I have had no issues with this Fitbit all year.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

try holding left button and bottom right button at same time for a few seconds.  same thing happened to me and that fixed it

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

try holding left button and bottom right button at same time for a few seconds.  same thing happened to me and that fixed it

Best Answer

That totally worked!! Thank you so much!!

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yaaay thank you!! I was so bummed! But it seems to be working!!❤️❤️❤️😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen has had the icon flashing randomly since last night. Iv held all buttons and then let bottom one go once icon popped back up, then I let go of the other 2 buttons after it vibrated. Bit nothing else has or is happening. Still black screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me this morning with my iconic, I've tried all the button combinations as per the helpful guidance on this forum to no avail. It's totally dead. I've had it for years and only once before did it die and I was able to recover it. I'm reluctant to replace it with another Fitbit, any recommendations? I use all the activity features and sleep monitoring. Many thanks.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SunsetRunner and @patfear.

@SunsetRunner Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I recommend following our complete troubleshooting instructions in Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

@patfear I am sorry that you are going through the same situation, I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I recommend trying the following:

1. Confirm the steps to restart the device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Change a clock face to Fitbit designed one: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi LiliyaFitbit,

Thanks for the help.

I tried every option on the forums and wider internet without much luck. I've purchased a Garmin Venu 2 which does the job I need although a bit more pricey. I was worried that other models would have a similar issue.

Regards,

Pat

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @patfear.

I appreciate the update and understand your concern and feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. I wish you the best of luck with your health and wellness goals and hope you could give Fitbit another opportunity in the future. You can compare Fitbit devices here.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer