Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic - will it ever be able to connect to WiFi it's self?!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Having to keep my phone with me so that I can use features like the hue app sort of kills the whole point of a smart watch for me.  The. watch was meant to be the bare necessities of a few small buttons I can carry with me.  But every time I find an app  that may redeem the phone as s conveniently functional accessory, I have to struggle to get the phone / app / Internet / Bluetooth to all argue and decide if today they feel like cooperating.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I have to agree, having a "Wi-Fi connected Smart Watch" was one of the main reasons I bought the ionic vs a cheaper fitbit. Low and behold, 1 month after buying this thing, I still can't connect to wifi. Something as simple as checking the weather on it and all I get is "please sync your device to your smart phone to get an up to date weather". Simply ridiculous.

Best Answer

I have the same issue with Pandora. I wanted it so I don't have to bring my phone on runs or walks, but the wifi doesn't stay connected long enough to download. The weather is OK though- odd right? I know they are constantly making updates and tweaks, I am hopeful this will be resolved for all users as well.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer