Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic will not sync with new Samsung Galaxy S9+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic will not sync with my new Samsung Galaxy S9+  when will you be releasing a software update to fix the problem?

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Given the S9 is only just released @JB2Blessed I think perhaps you're possibly being a little fast out of the blocks. However noting the S8 and S8+ work I'd imagine there is very little difference between them and the S9 and, with a little patience, you could possibly get it to work.

I suggest you try all of the usual trouble shooting methods listed in the forums for sync issues and see if that doesn't help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Ionic sync's just fine with my S9 make sure its not still connected to something else like your computer . The Ionic doesn't connect well when its in Bluetooth range of more than one device its been paired to.

Best Answer
0 Votes
While I know you think your answer wasn’t condescending... Please note that I’ve tried all the steps to trouble shoot before I posted this message. And as I stated in the beginning their not syncing with each other!

Thank You,
Jessica

Sent from my iPhone

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email, including attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use or disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and destroy all copies of the original message.
Best Answer

@JB2Blessed without a crystal ball, it is very difficult to help people when minimal information has been provided. As @0hwell has said he has an S9 working, it is safe to assume the hardware is not the issue. Therefore an idea of what has or has not been attempted helps us focus on where the issue may lie. The various guides in the forum provide steps that can be followed to narrow down where problems may arise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have a computer that the Ionic is paired to? The Ionic can only connect to 1 device at a time. Turn Bluetooth off on any other devices it has paired to than see if it connects to your phone if it still doesn't restart the Ionic by holding the bottom right and left buttons in until you see the fitbit logo than try to sync. Also check the Bluetooth settings in your phone and make sure the Ionic has been paired with the phone.

you may also need to force stop the fitbit app on your phone and restart it. I had to do that on my previous phone the S7 a couple of times. The restart of your Ionic is mostly needed only when you are trying to sync it with a different device than your last sync was made to.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got a new Galaxy s9+. Was never able to sync my Ionic with my Galaxy s5 although I never had a problem with my Charge HR or my Blaze.

My s9+ syncs without any problem! Did nothing special. It came right up and has synced without any problem for several days, so far!

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will this new device be supported.  Do you have a timeframe?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue. I was not able to sync S9+ for the last month, I had tried everything.     My fix was to delete Fitbit from your Bluetooth devices and then delete app from your Samsung S9 and restart the S9. Now, go to app store and  reinstall the Fitbit app. Enter your user name and password and it will connect. No data will be loss.  🙂

Best Answer

Syncing with Galaxy 9+ is hit or miss. I just noticed muh hasn't synced in 11 days! 

What is the problem Fitbit??

Best Answer
I could never sync with my Galaxy S5. After I got a new S9+ I have had no problem at all! Always syncs in a short time.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Which fitbit Do you have?  the ionic? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, ionic

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here with my Ionic and Samsung 9s+ 

Hasn't sync'd since July 14th, not sure if it gave full details at that time either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is STILL an issue.

And there's STILL no time frame for a resolution.

Poor form fitbit.Poor form.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hmm, could not sync with my old Galaxy but when I got my new 9+ I have had no problems!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Also, found out Best Buy will not honor any fitbit new purchases with an
extended warranty! Not sure if fitbit is holding the "Quality" image we
were hoping for and hoping this doesn't mean additional future
uncertainties.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. It's only just started happening. My ionic used to sync with the s9+ no problem until about a week ago. I've contacted support and done the normal stuff and also factory reset. It will not sync properly, it sometimes gets part of the information like maybe most of the steps although not the correct amount and the time is never correct on the clock. It's  it connected to bluetooth elsewhere. Very annoying and poor support.as the phone connects to other things via Bluetooth without issue. 

Best Answer

Worked!  Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes