Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't charge and accuracy is way off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic won’t charge.  Earlier today my Ionic wouldn’t count steps and wouldn’t read my heart rate.  I reset it several times and then turned it off and on again  then it started working again.  Now it won’t charge.  I’ve tried several USB ports including my computer.  I’ve also reset it a few times and it still won’t charge.  I also went on a run with a friend tonight he also has an Ionic, we started our ionics at the same time we ran together.  At the end of our run my Ionic read 5.56 miles and his read 5.88 miles why are they off so much? This is my second Fitbit I love the functions and the capabilities but getting fed up with the performance issues with this Ionic.  

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Bukncwby! Thanks for troubleshooting this inconvenience with your Ionic, nice way to go!

While reading your post I was wondering if by any chance you stopped using your Ionic for a while? If so, what I guess here is that probably your tracker ran out of battery. Have you tried charging it at least 1 hour? Even if you don't get anything on the screen I'd recommend charging your tracker at least 1 hour to see if the battery icon comes up after that period of time.

Charging fully takes up to 2 hours. While the watch charges, you can tap the screen or press any button to check the battery level. 

If after the 1-2 hours you don't get anything on the display, check if the contacts on your tracker or charging cable are not dirty. Dust and debris can accumulate over time and prevent a charge. Try cleaning them by following these instructions.

How do you charge your buddy? Have you checked if by any chance the USB port or outlet is faulty? If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.

If so, plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger. 

Hold the other end of the charging cable near the port on the back of the watch until attaches magnetically.

I'd also try restarting your Ionic once more by following these steps

On the other hand, when talking about the accuracy. I would like to clarify that it's normal that you see a difference when you are comparing your data with another person, this is because Fitbit trackers record your data based on your personal information (age, gender, weight and height). Another thing that you should take in consideration is that your tracker counts your steps when you are pushing a stroller or a shopping cart, but because your hands are not moving your step count may be lower than usual during this activity.

Also, keep in mind that it's possible to get different readings if the trackers are worn in different locations (dominant vs non-dominant wrist). I'd recommend reviewing the accuracy information provided in this post

Once you guys have reviewed it, please try this step accuracy test (do it individually):

1. Put your wrist-based tracker on your wrist or put your clip-on tracker on your hip or torso.
2. Walk 100 steps, making sure to count a step each time one of your feet hits the ground.
3. Pause, then check your tracker to see your step count.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes