Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't charge or turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Purchased Iconic 13 months ago for my husband’s birthday. He used it for literally maybe 2 months (if that), but decided he liked his Alta better. Fast forward to tonight I decided to pull it out of the drawer and charge it up to see if I liked it better than my Versa. Nothing. No charge after leaving on for over 2 hours. I did the recommended cleaning and still nothing. Seeing it’s just out of warranty and after reading similar issues with no helpful resolutions, I’m sure I’m S.O.L.. I’m hopeful a Fitbit representative will have something helpful to tell me and not simply offer 40% off a replacement. After reading the different threads there definitely seems to be a battery issue and it’s irresponsible for them to not resolve it.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone,

I want to inform that this specific device is currently under recall. For more information about our voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic. I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
30 REPLIES 30

@Carriecathleen Welcome back to the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. I'm glad to hear that you and your husband are using Fitbit watches. 

Your feedback is appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services offered. I would like you to confirm that you followed all the troubleshooting posted in this article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue; my screen just went black, I know it’s charged because the light green  is flashing under it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Candykth799 A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for letting me know that your Ionic display went black. 

I've shared your post with our Support team and they mentioned that you already have a case with them, please continue the communication through email, they'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing happened to me. I had a baby and took my fitbit off while at home. Getting back into the swing of things now, I go to get it charged up and nothing. I googled and did all the suggested troubleshooting and got nowhere. Decided to call customer service and all they said was it was out of warranty so they couldn’t help. The rep was also very rude about it.  Clearly it’s a known issue with the battery or device so why would they not be honorable and fix it. Obviously it was not user damage. I will never buy or recommend Fitbit. Customer service is horrible for such an expensive product. Definitely going to purchase another device from another company. Thoroughly disgusted. 

Best Answer

I had the same situation, my ionic stopped working the same time my son was born so I set it down and forgot about it for a little while. Remembered it, gave my information for fitbit to email me how to fix it and never got a response from them. I just called and spoke to two representatives, one walked me through several restart steps which didn’t work and the second who just tried to sell me a nee ionic which will probably last just until the warranty expires. 

I am very disappointed in the experience, I was not looking for a freebie or anything, I just want them to fix their fairly expensive watch. 

Best Answer

@Jesvf @RobertJK Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I appreciate that you shared your experience with our Support team, be sure that your comments won't be unnoticed. Your feedback helps us to continue improving our Customer Service. 

Our team reviews each case individually and the option provided is based in the Fitbit Warranty. If you have any questions about the option given, you could reply back to the case that you already have. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing happened to me. Try plug it into the electric socket and charger it. That what I did and it worked. 

Best Answer

Add me to the list of frustrations mentioned by @Jesvf and @RobertJK .  During the pandemic, I began walking more hence more sweat on my wrist.  Could that have caused the problem given the additional moisture around the contacts?  My children purchased this watch as a Christmas present hence the sentimental value associated with it.  What options are available to me?  I would suspect the warranty has expired however given the initial investment, I would want to believe it should work longer than it did.

Best Answer

Yes, nothing they can do...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Silvia, could you or one of your colleagues respond to my post from 8/2?  I wonder what options do I have.  As indicated, I would speculate that the device is out of warranty.  It looks as though as new battery is needed however I'm unsure how that can be replaced.

I should also point out that I applied the update before having these problems.  Could that be the source of the problem?

Best Answer

Hi, I have tried all tests and still no luck and my ionic is displaying a black screen!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had my ionic from late July 20th 2019 until mid day July 29th 2020. Told sorry you're past warranty coverage here's 25% off your next purchase. I said I can't support fitbit if their product conveniently bricks just beyond 12 months. They offered me 35% off. 

Moderator Edit: Word choice 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pscexb A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

It's not possible to replace the Ionic battery. However before moving to another step, please confirm you followed this troubleshooting

@Kealan01 Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the troubleshooting tried. I've shared your post with our Support team and they will continue assisting you through email. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations, we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

@BBarker75 Thanks for sharing the option that our team provided you. Each case is reviewed individually and the option provided is based in the Fitbit Warranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sylvia, thanks for replying!  I've tried all the steps in the troubleshooting and more.  Where do we go from here?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pscexb Thanks for getting back.

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried. In this case, I could share your post with our Support team and they will explore your options based in the Fitbit Warranty, please let me know if you would like me to create a case for you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thx for the offer!  Please open a case on my behalf.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pscexb Thanks for getting back. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will reply to you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations, we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me today and I have done all the trouble shooting and it’s not turning on or lighting up at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aglasshorse A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. 

I appreciate the details mentioned. Just to confirm, do you mean to have tried the steps from this article

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes