Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't charge or turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Purchased Iconic 13 months ago for my husband’s birthday. He used it for literally maybe 2 months (if that), but decided he liked his Alta better. Fast forward to tonight I decided to pull it out of the drawer and charge it up to see if I liked it better than my Versa. Nothing. No charge after leaving on for over 2 hours. I did the recommended cleaning and still nothing. Seeing it’s just out of warranty and after reading similar issues with no helpful resolutions, I’m sure I’m S.O.L.. I’m hopeful a Fitbit representative will have something helpful to tell me and not simply offer 40% off a replacement. After reading the different threads there definitely seems to be a battery issue and it’s irresponsible for them to not resolve it.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30
Yes all of them

RF
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes all of them. It is dead dead.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I tried all the steps in the article.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, same thing happened to me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

They will tell you out of warranty and give you 35% off towards a new one!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aglasshorse Thanks for confirming the troubleshooting tried. I've shared your post with our Support team and they mentioned that you already had a case with them please continue the communication through email, they'll be happy to help.

@pscexb Thanks for getting back. Since our team has access to your case please continue the communication through email. 

@Tric Hey there. Thanks for your input, our team reviews each case individually and the option provided is based in the Fitbit Warranty

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received a replacement watch after being told that my first one had a tendency to catch fire. The new watch , an Iconic and it has been fine , but all of a sudden it wont charge . Has anyone else had the same problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok , i just figured out what's wrong . there is a pin missing from the charger. now i just need to gure out where to get a replacement cord. although to be honest the whole fitbit thing is becoming more of a hassle then its worth

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Radar62   Fitbit recalled the Ionic.  Please don't waste any time trying to get a replacement cord.  Please read this thread for more information.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Get a Apple Watch!

Regis
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone,

I want to inform that this specific device is currently under recall. For more information about our voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic. I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes