Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't connect to Wi-Fi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am really getting frustrated with Fitbit. I had to replace two Fitbit Surges. I bought a Fitbit Ionic and could not use my old account to set it up and now all of a sudden my wifi stopped working and the network will not show up for me to start it up again. I do not want to hear it’s something I’ve done because it isn’t. It also took forever for me to download a few songs. You pay all of this money and they can not find solutions. It will not synch my steps but once I went online it did but still won’t let me set up my Wifi. I do not want to hear about trouble shooting because I have had this thing since December and I need answers on what they are doing because they can send me a refund for this trash. Stop selling them

for these high prices if the product is cheaply done. Again, I want real answers. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SunsetRunner! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with your Fitbit Ionic. Thanks for already taking the time to troubleshoot this on your own and with our Support Team. 

Also, I thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit environment, customer service, platform and devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. In regards to a refund or a replacement, you can read more about the this by checking the article: What's Fitbit's return and warranty policy?

If you have trouble connecting your watch to Wi-Fi, please follow the tips and recommendations in the article: Why won't my Fitbit watch connect to Wi-Fi?

If the issue persists, please reply back to the email that our Support Team has sent to you as your case is still open. They will be more than glad to further assist you with this. 

Hope the steps provided here help you out! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
40 REPLIES 40

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SunsetRunner! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with your Fitbit Ionic. Thanks for already taking the time to troubleshoot this on your own and with our Support Team. 

Also, I thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit environment, customer service, platform and devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. In regards to a refund or a replacement, you can read more about the this by checking the article: What's Fitbit's return and warranty policy?

If you have trouble connecting your watch to Wi-Fi, please follow the tips and recommendations in the article: Why won't my Fitbit watch connect to Wi-Fi?

If the issue persists, please reply back to the email that our Support Team has sent to you as your case is still open. They will be more than glad to further assist you with this. 

Hope the steps provided here help you out! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

In my Experience after trying more than 3 hours there is no possibility to connect the Ionic with WLAN because the dashboard wont show me a list of available networks not on my android phone neither on my windos 10 PC. So I can forget to load music to the Ionic and also the Fitbit Flyers. Are for sale, unused. 

Best Answer

I tried bu contacting a service person last night. Unfortunately I found out something was also wrong with my lock feature as well. Nothing was resolved and my fitbit ionic is still doing the same thing, will not set up om wifi or synch.

Best Answer

Welcome on board @sutrartus, thanks for jumping in here! Also, thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this on your own, nice way to go!

I'd recommend taking a look at the article: How do I find my Wi-Fi network password and security setting?

If you have a hidden Wi-Fi network, it may not appear in the list of available networks under Wi-Fi Settings in the Fitbit app. First, make sure the network is compatible with your watch by reviewing the list of networks in How do I connect my Fitbit watch to Wi-Fi? Then manually add the network in the Fitbit app. For instructions, choose your device:

iOS and Windows 10

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your watch tile.
  2. Tap or click Wi-Fi Settings.
  3. Under Networks, find the option to manually add a network and enter the network name and security type.

Android:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon > your watch tile.
  2. Tap Wi-Fi Settings.
  3. Tap the 3 dots in the top right corner > Add network manually.
  4. Enter the network name and security type.

Thanks for keeping me updated on this @SunsetRunner. I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I've seen that you already got in touch with Customer Support. Please keep an eye on your inbox for next steps. 

I'll be around, ping me out! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel your pain... I thought getting my steps up would be the biggest challenge... but getting this thing to work properly is the most difficult by far.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, the Ionic is connected with my home network. I can see it in the dashboard of my phone. But still  the dashboard on the windows 10 PC cant find my watch. The sync is working, but this is via bluetooth. Some more hours lost instead of beiing fit. It is just fit a little bit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried that too many times and ir does not work. I also have a lock code on my fitbit ionic and I can’t get it to disable. Customer Service couldn’t get that to work either. The point is nothing is working I need a replacement.

I not too long ago got off of the phone with customer service. Was a really simple solution. I went to settings on my ionic and scrolled down to shutdown. Once it restarted  everything was working just fine. Its just like your phone needs to be turned off and on sometimes. From reading a lot of these issues with the fitbit I was thinking I had to get it replaced. I had done that before once it stopped synching. So now before I try to trouble shootbI will just shut it down. 

went to my settings and scrolled down to restart the fitbit. Its working again with no issues. 

Moderator Edit: Added next post info

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, I have done it severely times. My problem momentary is not the
connection of the Ionic with my home network. If I am nearer by my WIFI
Router I get a stable connection as shown on my Android phone. I moved my
laptop near the router also. But still the Fitbit dashboard on the laptop
tells me it can not find the Ionic. So Let us search the Ionic.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your reply and for sharing all of those details about the workaround provided by customer support that helped you out to get back on track. Hopefully, this will be helpful for other users too. Thanks for sharing!

@David.R Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting this too. Please try the steps shared above. I'm sure that should certainly help you out with this. 

@sutrartus Thanks for your reply and for sharing those details. Have you tried these syncing troubleshooting steps for Windows 10 platform? That should certainly help you out with this. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Found this post while trying to attempt to make this ionic work... Have had for almost a year. when I first purchased it was totally stupid process to upload music, total design fail!!!!!! Few months ago stopped syncing and connecting to wifi... now trying to upload some new music after about 4 hours of nothing I am giving up on your **ahem** device!!!! Apple watch series 4 here I come!!! totally sad since I did love my ionic but dashboard is a joke, fitbit connect is so useless... Why have a nice device that totally sucks at the support end... why did you make no music icon on your dumbass dashboard??? and so **ahem**ing complicated to connect too... every other **ahem**ing thing will connect to my wifi except this **ahem** ionic!!!!!! your resolution steps do not work.... fix your dashboard// fix your dumbass watch!!!! now going out to buy a apple series 4 watch that actually works, connects and I'm able to manage my music with hours and hours of nothing that works.......

Best Answer

Mine was cruising along until a couple of weeks ago.  I went out of town for work, and when I got home to charge my Ionic, the wifi sync no longer was syncing.  Not sure what happened.  Nothing is different.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had called customer and they walked me through rebooting it totally... It
seamed to work but my battery wasn't working properly so they replaced
it.... Great service...!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @bs78! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with your Fitbit Ionic. I've seen that you got in touch with our Support Team recently. Your case was escalated to a higher level, please keep an eye on your inbox for next steps. Woman Wink

Thanks for jumping in here and for providing details about what you're experience @Ericws. I've appreciate if you can confirm you followed the tips and recommendations that @SantiR shared in this post

Hey there @David.R! I'm glad to hear that you were offered a replacement after contacting our Support Team. Robot Very Happy

If there's any questions present, let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit wrote:

Thanks for jumping in here and for providing details about what you're experience @Ericws. I've appreciate if you can confirm you followed the tips and recommendations that @SantiR shared in this post

If there's any questions present, let me know.

Marre- I don't see any suggestions in Santi's post.  It is weird that Ionic all of a sudden will not connect to my wifi after 6+ months of flawless connections.  my Pandora account is still up to date.  Can you please provide me info instead of making me look back to santi (who was not nice to me previously by the way).  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Ericws, thanks for your reply. I hope you're doing well. Please try these steps in order to sort this out. This has helped other users in the past.

You could also try restarting your watch if you haven't done so already.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
Bought new apple 4... problem solved... gave up on fitbit ionic!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am happy for you indeed but sorry you left the Ionic which is still working very well with me. What I have learned about Fitbit is that you have to follow strictly the manual. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bs78 Thanks for your reply! That's sad to read. Sorry to see you go. 

@sutrartus Thanks for your reply too. I'm really glad to read that your Ionic is working properly. It's a great watch indeed!

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR wrote:

Hi @Ericws, thanks for your reply. I hope you're doing well. Please try these steps in order to sort this out. This has helped other users in the past.

You could also try restarting your watch if you haven't done so already.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

I think I will have to restart my Ionic unfortunately.  Not sure why it crashed and burned so suddenly.  I hope the restart will work and that I can remember how to install my music and Pandora.  It was not too easy to do.

I have reset my Ionic and it still can't recognize my home WiFi.  My WiFi is working just fine.  Can you give me any other advice?  

Moderator Edit: Merged User's Posts

Best Answer