Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won’t download to Stava and other issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic fitbit is linked to Strava, and usually there are no problems.

However today on the Strava app it keeps saying there is no linked device so I have to keep adding my Fitbit.

Also My walks & runs download to Fitbit but not to Strava even when they are both linked on Strava.

Additionally prior today, my runs via the Interval exercise option on the Fitbit are not downloading to Strava even with the Fitbit’s GPS turned on.

I have tried deleting & downloading the Fitbit app again, logging in & out of Fitbit, turning blue tooth off my phone, turning my phone on & off, turning my Fitbit off turn on. I’ve also logged out & back into Strava.

On the Fitbit app when I go into the Strava option it says ‘not authorised’ and keeps saying this when I try to log into Strava from the Fitbit app to link them. 

I use an Iphone.

Any help is gratefully accepted.

Claire 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Ive had this issue on and off for years now in terms of actually seeing anything on the Ionic Strava app.:(

Have you tried https://strava.fitbit.com/ to reset the linking?  Sometimes that works when the in app authorisation does not.

Then once the Ionic syncs to the fitbit app, the activities show in Strava soon after regardless of what the Fitbit app has to say about authorization status.

Best Answer

Hi Iain,

Thanks for the info. I accessed that link and the Fitbit app seems to have now authorised Strava, so my walks & run download from Fitbit to Strava again.

However my interval runs don’t (GPS is on). Therefore I’ve been manually entering them on Strava 🙁

Best Answer
0 Votes

So if you use the "interval" function on the Ionic it shows in the Fitbit app, but does not transfer to Strava?  Interesting.  I'll see if it does the same for me, if nothing else it will encourage me to do an interval run...

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s right. When I last used the interval function several months a go it downloaded to Strava no problem.

Okay let me know how you get along.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine appears to be the same, the interval is in my Fitibit app, but hasnt transferred to Strava.  I'm curious now if it shows up later on its own.

Best Answer
0 Votes