Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't hold charge 24 hours

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This week my ionic runs out of battery in less than 24 hours and the face display is so light at times it can barely be seen.  Previously I only needed to charge it every 4-5 days. What is the warranty on this watch?  I purchased in Nov/Dec. 2017

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Hello @christieglawson  a warm welcome to our Community! I'm happy to help you today.

I'd like to share with you that our Fitbit Ionic battery was designed to last up to 5 days but the battery life also depends on how frequently you use its features. That said, I recommend you charging your device with a USB port from a computer or a UL-certified outlet into the wall then turn OFF all the features that you don’t use that much. Also, you can check this help article for more tips and recommendations. 

You can also restart your device to refresh its performance. For any warranty-related inquiry please check our policies here.

Keep me posted, I’ll be right here if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic died today a few hours after a full charge. you can see a glimmer of yellow light at the top left and white at the right top corner - otherwise it is just a black face.  Putting it on the charger makes it glow like an old black and white TV for a little bit, but then back to black.  Lasted almost 2 years...is that normal?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Christie, I feel something must have been changed on the Fitbit end. My Ionic was also purchased in Dec 2017 and has held charge for at least 3 to 5 days until yesterday when it powered off. After fully recharging yesterday evening, it dropped to 11% this evening. No other settings have been changed my end that I am aware of. Hope you get some positive answers soon.

Best Answer

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. Up until about a week ago, my Ionic was holding a charge for 4-5 days, but then all of a sudden it was down to 24 hours. Now I'm barely making 12 hours without a charge. I charge it every night and it's dead before I'm getting ready for bed the next evening. I've turned everything down to the minimum, and I even tried not connecting it to my phone for 24 hours in base it was a bluetooth or phone app issue, but no difference. There must have been a firmware update to the watch that has caused this, batteries just don't deteriorate that quickly. Also, I've only had this watch for 3-4 months as it was a replacement for my previous Ionic which just stopped working one day. 

Best Answer

Hello again! It's a pleasure to continue providing assistance, sorry for the delay in responding your posts. Thanks for your reply and update @christieglawson and welcome to the Community Forums @Amca13 @Mole72.

I appreciate all the information that was shared in each of your posts, sorry for the inconvenience you're experiencing with the battery life of your Fitbit Ionic devices. If after turning some features off you're still experiencing difficulties with the duration of your Ionic's battery, I would like you to do a battery test to see how long your battery lasts after a full charge. Please do the following:

1. Disable the features that can impact battery life as described in https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2004
  2. Fully charge your tracker.
  3. Sync your tracker 5-6 times a day. 
  4. Wear your tracker until it is fully depleted.

When your battery is completely drained, meaning that your device is no longer responsive and you no longer see the low battery indicator, let me know the day you fully charged your device and the day it was fully depleted so we can move forward with this. 

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been in contact with Fitbit and then I was curious how many other people had a battery issue. I bought mine barely a year ago and now it dies within 12 hours even after being charged 100%. It’s very upsetting to see that this watch is having so any people in this forum have this same issue. 

Also, they’ll probably tell you depending on where you live that the warranty is out and you’ll just have to purchase another one. But, I could be wrong. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did exactly as Ricardo described for the battery test, I set an alarm every hour for the day so that I synced it regularly until the battery depleted. I then contacted Fitbit back and they were extremely helpful, and verified that they could see there was an issue with the battery. They promptly sent me an email asking for delivery details for a new Fitbit Ionic which has now been dispatched and is on it's way to me now. I've been a Fitbit user for many years now, and while there may be the occasional HW fault, their customer support is second to none.

Best Answer

Hello, I'm happy to continue providing assistance, my sincere apologies for the delayed reply. Welcome to the Community Forums @Duncan-R and thanks for your reply @Mole72

@Duncan-R Thanks for sharing your thoughts and personal experience with us, I'm sorry to know that you feel in such way but totally understand how frustrating this situation can be for you. Keep in mind that we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, therefore, the feedback that's provided here in the Community Forums is really appreciated. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

@Mole72 I appreciate all the details that were shared in your post, thanks for taking into consideration the battery test that was shared before. I'm really happy to know that your inconvenience was resolved with our Customer Support team, don't hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions for me to answer, I'll be here.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Over the past 2 weeks, my Ionic when from 4 days charge to 24 hours, over night. Now the device is connected to the computer more than my wrist. I've stopped notifications and attempted to make the syncing not all the time, but it hasn't made any difference.  Watch is about 2 years+ old.

Is there a program to get a new battery installed in the watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard @Powderjockey.

Thanks for your post and for bringing this to my attention. Because the battery of your Ionic is only lasting 24 hours, let me share with you that our Customer Support team was contacted on your behalf to receive further assistance with them. Please constantly check your email because they'll be in touch with  you soon.

Don't hesitate to contact me back if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  Was working fine on Thursday and just does on Friday. Will charge up to 100% but will be dead within 8 hours.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard @SharksFan.

I'm sorry to know that you're experiencing the same issue. To move forward with this, can you please let me know if the steps from my previous post were tried? 

I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, the only feature I use regularly is Bluetooth connection

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

My ionic is exactly the same - was holding chatge for 4-5 day and the all of sudden it’s not lasting 24hrs.  I charge from a wall socket and switched off features not used as per toy your instructions.   My watch is also approx 2 years old

Please can you advise how’s I can get this rectified?  Thank you

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

Replacement is the only option I think. You can purchase a new battery and do the tear down yourself following the instructions on-line. Should be somewhat knowledgable in performing this type of fun.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue, just took mine off charger was 100% went for a walk and now it is down to 43%.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve contacted Fitbit customer services but sadly they wasn’t very helpful. I questioned if it was a software update issue as it seem strange that quite a few people are having issues around the some timeframes - Fitbit denies that this is the issue. My Fitbit is now unusable so I have gone and bought Apple Watch instead...
I won’t be buying a Fitbit product again
I hope you get a better resolution - good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I will follow the instructions that “ Ricardo Fitbit“ gave, but find this disturbing. Mine is just over a year old.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic just started doing this 2 days ago! So frustrating! Was holding a charge for 4 to 5 days before this!  Ive tried everything to get it to keep a charge. It only last like 6 hiurs and its dead from fully charged! 

Best Answer
0 Votes