Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't locate gps during exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It seems like I am not the only one with this issue. I start exercise /RUN and my ionic GPS status indicates connecting. Not tall trees or building around. This is very frustrating. GPS functionality waa the only reason I chose this model and decided to pay more. I can't even use it. Please help. I have done everything I could to fix it after reading everybody's posts and still nothing and I only had it for couple of months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@WokeuprunningI had the same problem in clear sky, no obstructions both day and night.

My phone always connected immediately and the Fitbit didn't and after providing this information from a few tests via Support email my Ionic was replaced..  The Mobile Track showed up in the Activity Log but the Fitbit only showed the HR and calories.. tracking..  It seemed to coincide with the latest update, but the replaced Ionic is working perfectly as designed with the same update.  

When you test with the phone make sure you Pause and hold Finish... Don't pause and continue because there is a bug there.

I also installed a Satellite App on my phone and proved I had many active satellites..

Use this link for your Support email  http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

@Wokeuprunning wrote:

It seems like I am not the only one with this issue. I start exercise /RUN and my ionic GPS status indicates connecting. Not tall trees or building around. This is very frustrating. GPS functionality waa the only reason I chose this model and decided to pay more. I can't even use it. Please help. I have done everything I could to fix it after reading everybody's posts and still nothing and I only had it for couple of months. 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much!!!

Best Answer

So, I got an update. Spent over an hour chatting with the rep who was very good. We restores the fitbit to the factory setting, updated the software and nothing. Still not connecting to gps. Wil keep you posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Wokeuprunning You are getting there.  Your Ionic is up-to-date. Now you need to use  your Fitbit App on the phone and show that that connects and maps a GPS route at the same time that the Ionic is Connecting..

If you haven't done that before just tap on the Exercise Tile, then the stopwatch, then tap Tracking. Important when you have finished, tap pause and then hold the finish button. When you sync the map will be on your Dashboard. You only need a minimum of 1 minute to save a valid GPS map.

@Wokeuprunning wrote:

So, I got an update. Spent over an hour chatting with the rep who was very good. We restores the fitbit to the factory setting, updated the software and nothing. Still not connecting to gps. Wil keep you posted. 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Wokeuprunning, I've moved your ionic question to the ionic board. 

The ionic has its own built in GPSGand does not rely on a phone to be with you .

When it getting a GPS lock it is looking for for satellites with no need to comunicate with the pbone. 

I have noticed problems with a heavy cloud cover. 

Best Answer
0 Votes