Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't notify me that a notification has arrived

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic seems to have lost the ability to give me an alert that a notification has arrived. Not all notifications are sent as well. This seems to be since the most recent update. I have turned off all notifications and turned them back on. I have removed the Ionic from my Bluetooth connection and then added it back. No luck on any attempts to get it working so far. Any help would be appreciated. The vibration alert does work as I use it for daily reminders and as an alarm clock..

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Ionic_Bob! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience with your notifications, nice way to go! Woman Very Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. Please note that with the new Fitbit OS update 2.1, Notifications are now removed from the Ionic/Versa once you open the conversation in your phone. This is expected behavior and not an issue. 

On the other hand, if you're not getting notifications at all, if your phone is currently running iOS 11 or later, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

NuNotificationSettings.jpg

PS: The “Show in History” was wrong with mine. I had it turned off and that's why I wasn't getting my text notifications. 

If this doesn't work, my best recommendation would be resetting Notifications through the Fitbit app to also reset the connection between the tracker and the phone. 

To reset Notifications:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone, then check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. 
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Open the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Ionic > Notifications. 
  4. Enable Notifications and when you receive a pop up asking you to pair your tracker and your phone tap on OK.

Your Fitbit device should vibrate or buzz gently to alert you at various times, including if you set a silent alarm or when you hit your step goal. If you set an alarm but it isn't working, first verify whether the alarm was set successfully and then test the vibration motor.  

If you hit your step goal and your device didn't vibrate, test the vibration motor.

On your watch, open Alarms. You’ll see your next scheduled alarm (if you set one). Next, test your watch's vibration motor:

1. Open Timers and choose the stopwatch.
  2. Tap the play icon to start. Your watch should vibrate.
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thank you for your response. Isn't a notification supposed to alert you? It should at least be an option that I enable or disable. Conversations that are open and now don't notify me don't help when I want to know my child is home with my Alarm.com app/notification.

Not a great update, and hope that on the next update, that it is changed back to always notify, or give me the option to choose.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with @Ionic_Bob.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes