Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't pair to headphones

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, my Ionic worked great up until a week ago when it wouldn't send music to my headphones. The headphone were connected and volume was turned up, watch said the music was playing but no sound was coming out! This makes gym time very difficult 😕 I unpaird my headphones and now I can't pair them. It took several tries to get my watch to recognize the device and not it has been "pairing" for ten minutes. Anyone else experience this issue?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hey there @EJMJ12, thanks for stopping by and for already troubleshooting this. Nice way to go! This sounds like a Bluetooth conflict, I recommend double checking that you don't have other Bluetooth device paired to your phone as this can be the issue. My personal experience is that when I connect my watch to the Bluetooth headphones and I move away the music starts to disconnect but it's because of the distance and not exactly an issue with the Bluetooth. 

You may want to check this article Is the Fitbit app interfering with other Bluetooth devices?

If you're still having difficulties paring your headphones to your Ionic, try turning off your phone. Then, try the pairing mode again. 

When you add a new Bluetooth audio device for the first time, make sure both the device and your watch are in pairing mode. 

To pair a Bluetooth audio device, follow the steps below or scroll down to watch the video:

1. Start by activating pairing mode on your Bluetooth headphones, speaker, or other audio device.
  2. On your watch, open the Settings app and then scroll down and tap Bluetooth.
  3. Tap + Audio Device. Your watch searches for nearby devices.
  4. When your watch finds nearby Bluetooth audio devices, it shows a list on the screen. Tap the name of the device you want to pair.
    User-added image

When pairing is complete, a check mark appears on the screen.

User-added image

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the response. My headphones were in my ears and my watch was on
my wrist with my phone in my gum locker out of distance. I fixed the
problem by impairing the two then doing a soft rest of my watch and a
factory reset of my headphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news @EJMJ12! I'm glad to hear that you were able to sort this out, thanks for sharing what worked for you. 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Have a great day! Smiley Wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm facing the same problem... for almost 1 year, I have used my Fitbit with the same headphones. It used to connect automatically and I never had problems with it. But some months ago the connection got lost for no reason and I couldn't reconnect. I changed my headphones at first and it did work, but only for 3 times in a row then it stopped connecting again...

I've tried to solve it by shutting down the Fitbit, resetting my headphones, turning off the bluetooth from my phone, and nothing happened. I know the problem is with the Fitbit, because I already tried to connect 2 devices and none of them worked with it, but both connected to my phone without any trouble. Please help me to solve this?! I love my Fitbit and I don't want to put it aside for not being able to go for a run listening to my favourite songs...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to pair my headphones, but when I go to play music it’s really loud and volume won’t adjust, and after a few seconds it’ll only play in one ear. I tried to delete the headphones and restart the Fitbit and headphones and re-pair them, but having the same issue. Any ideas? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

having similar issues - my Ionic won't pair to bluetooth headset....  

tired all the bits - switching off phone, being away from other bluetooth etc - nothing works... clearly a serious fault/

I contacted Fitbit support who said to take it back to retailer for a refund as they couldn't help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I give up...I surrender...I have tried relentlessly to figure out how to pair my FitBit Ionic to my SHO3 headphones. . . FitBit does not see any devices. Is there a button somewhere than needs to be clicked in settings to turn WiFi on? It sees nothing whatsoever. Help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, same issue. Used to work. Restarted everything, no longer works. Top quality Jabra Elite earbuds, connected to every single other device I’ve ever try. But not to Fitbit, sad that Fitbit can’t figure simply things out, pushing me closer to an Apple Watch after 5 years of loyalty.

Best Answer
Still no resolution. I have been in contact with them and they keep indicating they are trying. Would you mind emailing them, as well? Maybe, the more folks they hear from, the better.

You can send an email to https://contact.fitbit.com (and I will say they do respond).

Tom

Sent from Outlook
Best Answer
0 Votes

https://contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same. Will never buy Fitbit again. Had once since before the Surge days. Apple won me over through simple Bluetooth connectivity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes