Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't set up, getting 'Error connection to Ionic'

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I bought my Fitbit ionic sports edition today (brand new). The message 'error connecting to ionic' and 'make sure your fitbit is close by/switched on' has been popping out a lot and it's getting really irritating.

I've deleted it from my fitbit and have removed it from my paired devices in my Bluetooth settings and reconnected it but still does the same thing, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I have a Google pixel 2, please help.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome on board @Jmohtadi, it's nice to see you here! Thanks for the steps you've taken in order to sor this out, nice way to go! 

If you can't get started with your Fitbit device, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements below and move on to the troubleshooting steps if needed.

• Note that you can't set up your Fitbit device from your phone or tablet's Bluetooth screen; you must open the Fitbit app and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • The software on your phone or tablet is up to date. To see if an update is waiting to be installed:
    • Android—Tap Settings > About Phone or About Device > Android Version.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your phone or tablet is on. To find it:
    • Android—Tap Settings > Connections > Bluetooth.
  • Double-check the following information about your phone or tablet:

If you're still unable to set up, try the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Try setting up your device again.
  3. Restart your Fitbit. 
  4. Try setting up your device again.
  5. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet (turn it off and then back on).
  6. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.
  7. Try setting up your device again.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome on board @Jmohtadi, it's nice to see you here! Thanks for the steps you've taken in order to sor this out, nice way to go! 

If you can't get started with your Fitbit device, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements below and move on to the troubleshooting steps if needed.

• Note that you can't set up your Fitbit device from your phone or tablet's Bluetooth screen; you must open the Fitbit app and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • The software on your phone or tablet is up to date. To see if an update is waiting to be installed:
    • Android—Tap Settings > About Phone or About Device > Android Version.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your phone or tablet is on. To find it:
    • Android—Tap Settings > Connections > Bluetooth.
  • Double-check the following information about your phone or tablet:

If you're still unable to set up, try the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Try setting up your device again.
  3. Restart your Fitbit. 
  4. Try setting up your device again.
  5. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet (turn it off and then back on).
  6. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.
  7. Try setting up your device again.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

hey, worked! thanks so much.

only downside to the Fitbit now is that I've experienced it freeze twice after receiving text/WhatsApp messages.

Best Answer