Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't stop vibrating or connecting to WiFi or Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After over 48 hours of these fruitless attempts to sync my Ionic is sitting here on my desk vibrating away with a blank face

I can't get it to stop

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Hey there @suesaroo22, thanks for stopping by! This is very strange my friend.

First of all, I'd recommend leaving your tracker charging around 2 hours just to be completely sure it has enough power to be on. Then, please try restarting it by following these steps:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If your Fitbit Ionic doesn't work normally, on Ionic, open the Settings app > About > Shutdown > confirm the shutdown. Then, to turn your watch back on, press any button.

I you are able to turn it on after those steps, please make sure the firmware is updated on version 27.25.16.7

Give this a go and let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

It did stop vibrating.

Here's my story

I've been attempting to sync and download the update for over 48 hours and nothing is working.

I have followed every piece of advice in every post on here.

It won't recognize wifi or Bluetooth

I've removed every Bluetooth device and reset Bluetooth on my phone and reset the Ionic

my phone is an (iPhone 6)

I've deleted and reinstalled the fitbit app

I've deleted the Ionic from the app and Bluetooth, it's not connecting to any of my other devices via Bluetooth (I've checked that to make sure there's no conflict)

I've paired and repaired the device 3 times now and it still won't sync completely.

I cannot access clock face or apps and the Ionic randomly goes dark and doesn't log steps etc.

Best Answer

and.... now I have the same error message I have been getting for the last 2 days

FBBluetoothErrorDomainerror 8.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to me @suesaroo22. Well, here we go once more (don't give up, I got your back! Robot wink)

Sometimes the Fitbit app is unresponsive after you navigate to the Wi-FI setup screen. To fix this issue:

• Open the Fitbit app again, and perform the firmware update.

If you're getting "Can't find device" error:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. After the app reloads it should prompt you to continue with the firmware update, or to manually start the update, tap Update Tracker.  

Now, let's troubleshooting the WiFi:

1. Make sure the Ionic is charged to at least 25% before connecting to Wi-Fi:
    • At approximately 25% battery charge, Wi-Fi does not work on Ionic.  
  2. Make sure the you're using the correct Wi-Fi password and trying to connect to a network in their home. 
  3. Make sure your network is compatible:
    • Ionic can connect to open, WEP, WPA personal, and WPA2 personal Wi-Fi networks. 
    • Ionic cannot connect to 5GHz, WPA enterprise, or public Wi-Fi networks that require logins, subscriptions, or profiles. If you see fields for a username or domain when connecting to the Wi-Fi network on a computer, the network is not supported.
    • While you can connect Ionic to a personal hotspot, additional data charges from your mobile carrier may apply, and we do not recommend using personal hotspots for transferring music to Ionic because they may be slower and more costly. 
  4. Restart your  Ionic (once more) and then try connecting to Wi-Fi again.
  5. If that fails, plug your watch into the charger and make sure it’s in range of the available Wi-Fi network.
  6. If the preferred Wi-Fi doesn’t appear on the available network list, move closer to the router and try again.
  7. If you're trying to download personal music or audio files, make sure Ionic and the computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
  8. To verify the Wi-Fi network that Ionic is connected to:
    1. Go to the Fitbit app, tap or click the account icon, then tap or click the watch tile, and scroll down to Wi-Fi Settings.
    2. Tap Wi-Fi Settings and check that the networks listed match the one on your computer.

Apps on your Fitbit watch update automatically over Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as needed. When an update over Wi-Fi is in progress, the downloads icon appears on your watch’s shortcuts screen (swipe right from the clock).

User-added image

I'm here, keep me posted! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. Make sure the Ionic is charged to at least 25% before connecting to Wi-Fi:

At approximately 25% battery charge, Wi-Fi does not work on Ionic. Ionic is charged to 100% and has been all morning I had it charging overnight  

2. Make sure the you're using the correct Wi-Fi password and trying to connect to a network in their home. This is our ATT home wifi - have repeatedly put the pass word in checked, triple checked and quadrupled checked the accuracy of the password
    1. Make sure your network is compatible:
    2. Ionic can connect to open, WEP, WPA personal, and WPA2 personal Wi-Fi networks. 
  • Ionic cannot connect to 5GHz, WPA enterprise, or public Wi-Fi networks that require logins, subscriptions, or profiles. If you see fields for a username or domain when connecting to the Wi-Fi network on a computer, the network is not supported.
  • While you can connect Ionic to a personal hotspot, additional data charges from your mobile carrier may apply, and we do not recommend using personal hotspots for transferring music to Ionic because they may be slower and more costly. 
  1. Restart your  Ionic (once more) and then try connecting to Wi-Fi again.
  2. If that fails, plug your watch into the charger and make sure it’s in range of the available Wi-Fi network.
  3. If the preferred Wi-Fi doesn’t appear on the available network list, move closer to the router and try again. The preferred network always shows up as an available choice
  4. If you're trying to download personal music or audio files, make sure Ionic and the computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. I can't even download the recommended update
  5. To verify the Wi-Fi network that Ionic is connected to: It never connects - the message is the device cannot be found or device not recognized
  6. Go to the Fitbit app, tap or click the account icon, then tap or click the watch tile, and scroll down to Wi-Fi Settings. Earlier this morning it recognized the wifi now it doesn't even show up in the list - I've been sitting in front of the router for half an hour now - It just now accepted the password and connected to the wifi - mind you this is after dozens of attempts over the course of over 48 hours - the update download is not complete yet the progress bar literally shows less than 20%......AND WIFI JUST FAILED AGAIN ..... NOOOOOOOO I am super frustrated - just tried again and the error message says it can't fin the device 
  7. Tap Wi-Fi Settings and check that the networks listed match the one on your computer.

Apps on your Fitbit watch update automatically over Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as needed. When an update over Wi-Fi is in progress, the downloads icon appears on your watch’s shortcuts screen (swipe right from the clock).

Best Answer

Me again - still no luck, batteries full and it syncs to the app but....

I'm still stuck on version 25.9.19 and neither wifi or Bluetooth will allow me to download the update

when I connect to wifi it says it doesn't recognize the device

when I connect to Bluetooth it runs for a bit then fails

I have always been successful downloading updates thru Bluetooth

I have had a number of the fitbit devices

• one
  • zip
  • flex
  • charge
  • alta
  • charge2

It won't recognize either wifi or Bluetooth and I'm frustrated. I've been working on this since Saturday

Right now my Ionic does nothing more than my Charge 2 with better graphics, no music, no apps, no custom clock face

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have removed the Ionic from my app and am just packing it back into the box.

I'll check back in a week or so but, for now I have to give up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic has done all updates and will connect to my bluetooth for about 3 minutes, then disconnects. I have restarted the device, along with my phone. This is the same issue I had with the Versa and I sent it back for a refund. Any way to get the device to connect and stay connected? This is frustrating.  Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

With all these complaints, surely Fitbit must admit their product is faulty. Your advice doesnt work and there is a problem.Please fix!

Best Answer

Getting absolutely sick of my fitbit ionic. After syncing issues it seemed to get sorted. However it's now over a week of turning on/off phone, fitbit, Bluetooth nothing works. Very frustrating,  tech should work

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic syncs to my iPhone, but not my Mac.  I have followed a number of forum suggestions and still nothing.

Mac is using version 10.13.8 (older Mac)

iPhone  is using version 13.3

I have turned on and off the Bluetooths and all my devices in my home.  I tried to sync at different times of the day.  Still nothing.

Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ionic fitbit has endless problems connecting I have followed all the advice in the forms and still might connect to the phone worst pitch ever if you're thinking about buying an ionic Fitbit make sure you read all the forms and all the problems people have with connections after 2 weeks of trying everything suggested my ionic still doesn't count steps what a waste of money I'll never buy another Fitbit again

Best Answer
Thanks for your reply. I have four FitBits for the last four or five years. This is the first issue that I have had with any of my watches. I contuse to record my data on my phone. I we also have two Iconices, and only this one just recently stopped updated on my Mac.

Mark
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep - same here

Tried everything - apart from putting the stupid waste of time in the bin

Why do fitbit not comment and sort this issue out?????

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally resolved the issue after contacting Fitbit directly.
--
Daren B M

A poem a day to my love
https://trueloveinbrisbane.blogspot.com.au
Best Answer
0 Votes

No your post was not helpful. My ionic hasn't synced with the app since May 16th at 6:15AM!! More than just a little frustrated. It worked fine before the last firmware update.

Now, neither my Galaxy Note 5 nor my Tab S6 (both Samsung) can make a Bluetooth connection. I've tried "all" of your suggestions. Nothing works.

Sounds like Fitbit is about to lose a whole lot of Android people. I've wasted half the evening at this. Not too happy right now.

Best Answer
0 Votes