Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't turn on after swimming

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried all the suggested workarounds here to revive my fitbit ionic but to no avail. This was not the first time i wore my ionic underwater and it was always OK. But last week it went dead after swimming in saltwater. There was a blinking red in the sensor when I tried charging it, but it only went hot, and did not charge at all. 3 days had passed, still attempting to charge and reset the unit, but unsuccessful.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @RianneskiDee, your participation here in the Community Forums is appreciated.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared, your effort troubleshooting your device before posting over here is also appreciated. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors are flashing or is your device completely unresponsive? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes.  

Looking forward to your reply.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @RianneskiDee, your participation here in the Community Forums is appreciated.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared, your effort troubleshooting your device before posting over here is also appreciated. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors are flashing or is your device completely unresponsive? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes.  

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi RicardoFitbit, the heart sensors are dead and the device is completely unresponsive. Initially, it was blinking red, like it was grounded. Afterwards, no more light signal at all. I have left it charging for hours several times, but to no avail.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your reply is appreciated @RianneskiDee.

I’m sorry to know that you’re still experiencing difficulties with your device despite trying the troubleshooting steps from my previous post. That being said, I recommend you to try the below steps to factory reset your device and let me know if the issue persists:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Keep in mind that a factory reset procedure erases stored data, including the stats that were not synced to your Fitbit account. Also, applications installed, music downloaded, alarms, etc. 

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi RicardoFitbit, thanks for the quick response.

I have tried that workaround already before posting here. I tried it again now but still doesn't work. Ionic doesn't respond while holding all three buttons.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RianneskiDee thanks for trying the factory reset procedure before posting here. Because the issue wasn't solved even after trying several troubleshooting steps, the best way to get help for this specific problem is to chat directly with our Customer Support team or give us a call. That said, please click here to get connected and receive further assistance.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks RicardoFitbit. I have contacted Customer Support and unfortunately, my Ionic is still not OK. How long does the unit really works? Mine has been with me since October 2017, and this is not the first time I used it underwater. I am planning to get a new one as replacement, though I am not confident anymore if it can be used underwater.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @RianneskiDee.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and personal experience with your Fitbit device and our Customer Support team, I understand your frustration with this matter. Since you already received assistance from our Customer Support team, I’d suggest you to contact them back you need more help with your Ionic or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the information they provided to accordingly assist you.

Don't hesitate to ask me any additional questions you may have.

Best Answer
0 Votes