Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't turn on and hot to touch

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic "buzzed" my arm and was hot.  It has an electrical smell - like it shorted out.  There is no display and it is extremely hot.  Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

It has an electrical smell - like it shorted out.

It's dead.

Fried electronics.

Contact support and let them know. If you're out of warranty then nothing will be done unfortuntely other than a discount off another product.

But let support know. Ionic's over-heating has been reported before - so they need to know that there is a fundamental design flaw in the product. Low power electronics shouldn't do this. PERIOD!

When it has cooled down you could connect it to a charger and attempt a restart, but I'd be extremely surprised if it came back to life - and if it's shorted out it could damage your charger - so be aware!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @lcsullivan @PaulMe, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. 

@lcsullivan Thanks for the details shared in your post. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon.

@PaulMe Thank you for your input. I appreciate your efforts to help other users and your feedback as it helps us to keep improving. 

I'll be around if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes