Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't turn on or charge after battery died.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Was out on a walk when my ionic battery died. After coming home and leaving it on the charger for 2 hours it won't turn on. The screen won't light up or display anything, even while plugged in.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Similar story from me, but with a happy ending. I called support after cleaning my device contacts and charger contacts and it still not charging.  I saw where you could restart the device, but the instructions for the iconic says the back button and lower bottom butt. Note, since the ionic does not have any back buttons, what this really means is the left button and the lower right button pressed at the same time until you see the Fitbit logo. Then you should be able to recharge it. Once you connect it, it will take a minute or two before you see the icon come up and then see the percentage come up. Mine happened to be at 2%, but I did see the watch fully come on and it is now still charging and has 26% after 10 minutes or so.   good luck! Do call customer service as I was extremely shocked that once I called, someone answered right away.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Good luck, it looks like its a common issue

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

I could have written your message - my Ionic died half way through my walk (after charging all night) and now won’t accept charge at all.

Any response Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

They will allow you to buy a new one, seems to be all they will do to stand by their product. 

Best Answer

Similar story from me, but with a happy ending. I called support after cleaning my device contacts and charger contacts and it still not charging.  I saw where you could restart the device, but the instructions for the iconic says the back button and lower bottom butt. Note, since the ionic does not have any back buttons, what this really means is the left button and the lower right button pressed at the same time until you see the Fitbit logo. Then you should be able to recharge it. Once you connect it, it will take a minute or two before you see the icon come up and then see the percentage come up. Mine happened to be at 2%, but I did see the watch fully come on and it is now still charging and has 26% after 10 minutes or so.   good luck! Do call customer service as I was extremely shocked that once I called, someone answered right away.

Best Answer

Thanks! This solved it for me!

Best Answer

I had same problem despite leaving on charge overnight.  After I updated software to version 70.8.0 the night before my watch stopped working, just black screen no lights at back.  My phone App said battery was full but my watch just felt hot.  Wouldn't reboot and spoke to Fitbit help who said it was out of warranty.  I'd had it 2 years six months so expensive watch that just lasts over two years.  Very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortuantely this has happened to me 3 times now. I've had 2 replacements from Fitbit already! A decent piece of kit but fails after a few months.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! Guess I didn’t hold the button long enough 😅 

my hubby will be super happy it’s not dead. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried your suggestion but for some of us, that method does not work: The watch is completely dead.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Given up with Fitbit – 3rd replacement for exactly the same issue. Shame it was good bit of kit whilst it worked but just far to unreliable. I’m going to try a Garmin or similar.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

the same thing happened to me. cleaned it and tried the buttons. completely dead. this is the 2 Fitbit in 2 years now. both of them happened just at the 13-month warranty mark. all they do instead of the warranty they give you a lousy discount code to buy another garbage product.

Best Answer
0 Votes