Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I plugged it in and charged it, when I came back it was turned on. I couldn't get the thing to connect to the app so I followed the advice to restart but it never turned back on. I've held the proper buttons for 10 seconds, tried plugging it back in and nothing. Any advice?

Best Answer
75 REPLIES 75

I understand, and it would be weird that it drained, but that 0% is saying it's no longer charged.  So what happens if you try to charge it again?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its saying nothing at all when connecting the charger, no response that any charge is being accepted whatsoeve. Merely fitbit accepting it is faulty and them fixing I dont think is enough think I am just going to return it and pick up another tracker a year or 2 down the line

Best Answer

Alright, but before you do that, try leaving it charged for a little bit and then try a reset.  Charging isn't instant.  Unless you don't really want the tracker (since a fix wouldn't be acceptable anyway, it sounds that way), then, of course, just return it 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah thanks for the help and replies I appreciate it just so disappointed, im on a walking and cycling holiday with a dead piece of kit, been looking forward to using the tracker here for a month or so 😕 anyway alot worse things going on in the world but still

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, mine was dead, then I re-charged for an hour or so, then pressed all three buttons simultaneously for 10 sec or so and it magically turned on again and has been working since. Maybe try this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you but when you were charging it was the charge icon displaying?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No actually not, which was strange, but somehow after an hour I was able to re-start. Now when I charge I can see the charge icon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got mine working after a week of it being dead, had nothing to do with holding down buttons I simply used a different charger, I tried my LG one , my gf's Apple one and directly into my computers USB port but they couldnt start it then I tried my gf's cheap 3rd party socket and it worked instantly and charged it up now it is working fine. Apparently the same thing happened with her fitbit charge 2 and had to use the 3rd party socket for it to work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow am I glad you made this post.

Happened to me. App said I need to charge Ionic (25%) so I did. When I returned to it it was completely dead and wouldn't turn on. At first I though it was the connector or the cable or the device dead / broken, and then I searched here. To cut a long story short, Left + Bottom Right button brought my device back to life, saved.

I'm in a competition with friends this weekend so I'm really glad the Ionic is back on my wrist counting every step. Thanks for mentioning it.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue 4 days old and now dead. I have tried everything fitbit have asked me to do. Unpair device log out of app turn off Bluetooth restart my phone perform 3 button reset and setup my watch again on app but no luck it will not even connect to WIFI now. By the looks of it there are a lot of issues with this watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, try charging it up for a few hours, then button reset again. It may just work. I had no issues once I got it working again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try a different charger socket? That worked for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

This just happened to my Ionic this morning. Totally dead. I called Support and she had me try to do the factory reset. Nothing. Now it's charging (but no display to indicate that is actually happening) and then I am to try the factory reset again, which will mean spending hours again to upload music.

Given the syncing issues I am having (necessitating the frequent restarts) I'm think I may just return the Ionic to Best Buy and continue using my Blaze.

Pretty disappointed.

Best Answer

Same problem this evening.  After a night of charging it responds to neither the left-bottom or 3 button resets.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After all the syncing problems of the past week I've had the Ionic, and then the dead Ionic yesterday, I reluctantly decided to return it to Best Buy. This product was not ready for prime time IMHO, even for an early adopter.

Best Answer
I am in touch with fitbit now they have escalated it to higher powers to see if in am covered under warranty which I should be considering its 4 days old and I'm not the only one with the problem. I like the watch so I'm willing to give it another blast if they send me a new one.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

They'll send you a new one. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

[Was advised last night to return to Fitbit.]

Best Answer
0 Votes

After I returned mine I almost didn't buy another one. I'm glad I did though because the second one works perfectly. It was set up in minutes and has been working consistently well since I got it. I'm pleased with the battery life and I'm hoping there are soon more app choices and clock faces. The selection is pretty terrible and there are some obvious gaps in things the watch should really do like show your sleep stats and other info from the app. *seriously Fitbit!*

as a customer I'm expecting to see some real progress within the next few months or I will be disappointed. 

Best Answer

I ended up chatting with support on this issue.  My Ionic notified me that the battery was low and the screen began flickering. I plugged it in to charge and the screen said I had 24% battery left. I left it charging and came back about an hour later to check on it and nothing happened. It would turn on no matter how many times I held the button down.  I tried the left button bottom right button trick and that didn't do anything either. Support had me hold the 3 buttons down for awhile (almost 30 seconds) and the fitbit icon magically appeared at that point. It came back to normal after about 10 seconds. I checked the charge and it was only at 29%. He said the device most likely locked up during the charge and wouldn't charge because of that. I put it back to charge and it did charge fully. Hope this helps someone!

Best Answer