Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I plugged it in and charged it, when I came back it was turned on. I couldn't get the thing to connect to the app so I followed the advice to restart but it never turned back on. I've held the proper buttons for 10 seconds, tried plugging it back in and nothing. Any advice?

Best Answer
75 REPLIES 75

Thank you for that suggestion! I just received my new Ionic watch yesterday and got it all configured and working, went to sleep last night and it was off this morning. could not get it turn on. I saw your suggestion of pressing all three buttons for 10 seconds and tried it but the watch came back to life after three seconds Thanks! 

Moderator edit: format 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had one for nine months. The battery went bad. I got a replacement, and in three months that battery went bad. Just went and bought a new one and right out of the package it won't even start. I think they have a battery issue that they don't want to address. I'm not very happy with Fitbit right now. I've owned multiple devices from them over the past five years. But this is BS.

Best Answer
I know 2 weeks later my issue still isn't resolved yet they have sent me a satisfaction survey to complete I now have to send my broken one back which has been impossible over the Christmas period as no post offices are open and then once they receive this they will look at replacing it! I am furious!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you try charging it fully? Mine has been working just fine after I had this issue. Sorry you’re dealing with that!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes its completly broken no going back! Issue has been on going now for 3 weeks ionic now winging its way back to fitbit

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing with mine. Unfortunately it's three months past the 1 year warranty. All they could offer me was 40% off another one. Not a way to fix the current one, a way to get moreonry out of me. I've owned multiple charges that kicked it after less than 5 monthsand now the ionic. I'm curious,  has anyone actually owned a functioning fitbit device for more than two years? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope I had 4 within 12 months! I had to fight to get a change to versa....... customer service with fitbit us shocking! There is evidently something wrong with ionic by fitbit own admission! Don't let it got it's £250 + u will never get back if you do not fight for it! It is clearly an issue with their product!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I never had any issues with charge HR. By far the best Fitbit I’ve ever
had. I have upgraded to the more expensive ones and recently, ionic but
continuous errors made me give up. Now, I’m back to my normal Swiss
watch. I’ve just had enough.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. On 21-03-19 I received /purchased Fitbit ionic smart watch from amazon and faced Display problem even it is charged fully.  On and off the display is coming. I received a junk one. I am very unhappy with amazon service.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Very upset with my fitbit iconic.  300 for a piece of junk.  product doesn't display in the brightness anymore.  Its a defect with fitbit.   Won't by another fitbit product

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unhappy myself

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have the same problem although it looks like I was probably lucky to get at much use as I did out of my Ionic before it died. Bought new from Amazon July last year for my birthday, I loved it, it really motivated me to get fit and keep moving; it died with a full charge on 15th April this year, I have been on here and the internet searching trying the resets, charging in different places, but no response, it's plugged in again as I type just to humour me. I'm so disappointed, if I had known about these issues they seem to have, I would have waited and gone for something else, I need it working and it's really dead. It's still under it's warranty so I'm hoping they will be able to do something. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing just happened to mine, It was at 90% charge and was syncing music and just shut off. I had a similar problem before but was able to do the button holds to get it back up but so far nothing this time.

Lately the watch was also restarting at random during activities which was extremely frustrating. It feels like the watch kept getting worse and worse with each update. Very frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you this worked for me.....after the 30 sec reset it came on for a split second and off. first time in weeks. tried to charge nothing again. but when I followed by a left and bottom button rest it came on and stayed on. the left and right bottom button reset had not worked previously. thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mathew, my fitbit iconic is having the same problem. first it started hanging. then once it restarted the battery last only like 12 hours. i tried to switch off and restart it again but nothing changed. then the watch was occasionally get discuss connected from my phone and suddenly the % of the battery will change so for example if the battery is 60% after few minutes, when it is not connected to the charger, it will increase and becomes 65%. now my watch is not starting at all no matter what I do. please advise what shall i do i am getting frustrated by this issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your instructions are not correct. After extensive searching I had to use the community chat to find a way to turn my Fitbit on. Why can you not just explain it! It is not just the left button - it is the left button PLUS the bottom right button.

The Fitbit website is THE MOST OBNOXIOUS so-called "help" site I have EVER experienced. Enough to make me trash my fitbit and my wife's, and buy competing products. Why can you not just have an instructions site? All you have is... "Why can't I do this" and "why can't I do that"... These are all questions that you do not actually answer. How about "This is how to do something"...?

I have asked how to restart my fitbit. Your site does not tell me. Please tell me how to do things instead of me having to ask a thousand questions. Even then, you do not answer my questions. You are treating your users like complete imbeciles. Please look at competing help sites and see that they actually have manuals and real advice. I am a very experienced IT person yet your site completely stumps me.

Best Answer
0 Votes