Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic won't turn on after I shut it down. I hold down the large button on the left and nothing.And it won't charge either. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't even had it for 24 hrs

Best Answer
311 REPLIES 311

Yesterday my Ionic Adidas died after just 5 months of life. Simply it doesn't turn on any longer (after a couple of weeks ago the battery started to last only 4-5 hours).

This Ionic was already a replacement of another one that lasted, wow, 13 months.

Best Answer

I have done all mentioned above myself and my watch still will not turn on nor will it charge.  I've had this watch for almost a year with absolutely no issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this issue, my Ionic was working well and I have used it daily, before taking it in holiday to Switzerland to monitor my runs and hikes when it developed this issue. I logged a call  and after trying basic troubleshooting and attempted factory reset, I was asked for information around purchase date etc. That was over two days ago and despite emails requesting an update there has been no further correspondence.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

There has to be an issue my ionic is approaching 18 months old and just done the exact same thing.

Best Answer

I received confirmation my Fitbit is now being replaced

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Can’t get it to turn on or show it’s charing. 

I have had it less then one year. Hope you can help have done everything suggested so far. J   

Best Answer
0 Votes
I went on the fitbit app, under account settings there is a help section. I
went there and clicked on customer support. I told them my issues and that
I had tried all the suggested fixes. They contacted me immediately, and
within a few minutes began the process of replacing my ionic. It was simple!
Best Answer

Same problem, Ionic is 7 months old. Sent an email to customer service, current status....waiting for reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks all they are sending a replacement.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ricardo,

I am having a very similar issue as everyone in this forum. I went to bed with an almost fully charged ionic and woke up with a completely dead fitbit. It will not react to restarts (2 or 3 button) or plugging it into a computer or wall outlet. I have tried multiple charging cords as I bought my dad an ionic too.

I am hoping to find a solution to this issue as I do not want to use my old Charge 2.

Thank you,

Chris

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing here. 14 months almost on the dot. Looked at my fitbit to check the time and battery. Over 50%. Maybe 30min later and I notice my fitbit screen is dead. "That's odd", I thought. "Maybe the battery is dying on me"

So I go home to charge it. Nothing. Leave it on the charger overnight. Nothing. Tried the two button restart. Nothing. Tried the three button factory reset. Nothing.

Contacted support. 40% off a new one. Garbage.

I'll never buy another Fitbit after this experience. Thousands of people having their Ionics die shortly after the warranty expires. Faulty models should have been recalled. Greed, lack of integrity, and lack of customer focus shows me that Fitbit is not a company worth giving my business to any longer. 

Best Answer
You are correct. Known defective products that FitBit continues to sell...
Best Answer

Same here. Ionic stopped working right after an update.  Contacted Customer service and they only offer a 25% discount. I just think its some kind of update they made u do to break the watch. I paid $249.00 for this watch which at this moment looks like new and after an update just stops working? Idk will never recommend this products ti anyone.  Fitbit this is not right when definitely ur products are defective or damaged by ur updates on purpose. BBB should revise this company

Best Answer
Criminals
Best Answer

My Fitbit Ionic is doing this. I tried all the troubleshooting tips as well. Did you ever get a response to this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did not hear from anyone at all...
Best Answer
0 Votes
Defective devices. If you are out of warranty, you are out of luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My husband contacted support they sent him a new ionic it took a few months
to get it. This is his second replacement. There is clearly something wrong
with the ionic they need to figure out the problem and fix it. Take it off
the market until they fix it, instead of just replacing it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

They will send you a replacement if you are within the warranty lifetime. The problem is that these devices are breaking for thousands of people JUST after the warranty expires. 12-15 months seems to be the sweet spot. Honestly, I think there's something programmed in them to act as such. Those who have them break early and within the warranty just got lucky that the kill switch manufacturing is of the same quality as the rest of the device. (read: cheap and poorly QA'd)

Best Answer

My ionic is fully charged and it still wont turn back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes