Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic won't turn on after I shut it down. I hold down the large button on the left and nothing.And it won't charge either. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't even had it for 24 hrs

Best Answer
311 REPLIES 311

Just had the same issue with mine , held the 3buttons down for approx 10 secs and bingo it came on . Thanks for the tip 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here, I have tried to do all the troubleshooting steps by holding the left and bottom button down and all three buttons. My ionic will not turn on or charge at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted Fitbit support they were fantastic the sent me a replacement I had it within 4days  ,there really helpful

Best Answer
0 Votes

How long did it take fitbit to respond to you? I contacted them last week and have not heard anything. I appreciate they are working with less staff but was hoping to have heard by now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Gosh, so many problems detailed with the ionic and mine died too.  I've had the Fitbit Charge, Charge 2 and then Charge 3 but chose Ionic as a present to myself.  Love the device and all of the great things it can do but it started to malfunction, magic waterlogging, heart rate stopped working after last upgrade a couple of weeks ago.  I fiddled about trying to get things to start again, resetting, rebooting, deleting the app etc etc and then found the factory reset in the device settings.  Tried that to try and get it to work the way it used to and now it won't switch on anymore.  I'm out of warranty so I'm guessing I will just have to grin and bear it 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Snap! I have been a Fitbit customer for almost 7yrs. Previous fitbit models worked perfectly. I treated myself to the Ionic for my birthday; it was perfect until the warranty expired then the problems started. I attempted every sugested trick or resetting etc  nothing worked. I completed the master reset and am left with an ionic that will not switch on! Fitbit ha e previously been extremely helpful but no, not this time! As soon as they one my issue was with an ionic they were extremely UNHELPFUL. 

I have switched to a garmin and will NEVER recommend Fitbit to anyone!

Best Answer

I too have a fitbit ionic that died, however, i'm one of the fortunate few that it resurrected, which means i have a zombie watch right now. And the watch is not without the usual issues, mainly in the connecting department. For a few months, connecting to the phone was problematic, but at least it did manage to connect at some point during the day. Until last week where it started to refuse to connect. And after trying to connect it to several different devices, including my computer, none could detect a signal coming from the watch even though they were detecting signals from other devices in the house.

There were no software or firmware updates on any devices, so that isn't the culprit. The fact that it was working just fine on the software and firmware versions that I currently have, to update the firmware, the app software, and/or the phone software is NOT a fix, and should not be recommended to people as it would just cause more issues. Better to fix on the versions that it was originally working on when the watch borked itself BEFORE changing any software and firmware is the smarter way to go. Besides, updating the firmware on a watch that is not syncing or turning on is pretty much a useless en devour, mainly because you can't. 

After reading through many a thread and my own experiences with my Ionic, the most common denominator to the problems that the people are seeing is the watch, and in many cases, the watch still operates, just won't sync. The problems are consistent across several different platforms and different versions of operating systems as well as different versions of apps and firmware and the problems remain in those cases where software and/or firmware are updated, which is just more proof that updating your software and/or firmware is NOT in any way a fix and should not be recommended as such.

Which brings me to the conclusion that the bluetooth radios used in the watches are of an inferior quality than those seen in previous models like the Blaze, which I had one that worked flawlessly until the battery went bad, which seemed to be a thing for those watches. Bad bluetooth radios could also be what is causing the other issue of the watches suddenly no longer turning on. Possibly a loose connection between the watch and bluetooth radio module might be the problem.

Right now, after almost a year of using the watch, the only fix that I can see is, you guessed it, a replacement. With the inferior quality of parts being used in the watches as well as the lackluster support that tries to sell you a new watch instead of doing the right thing and sending a replacement, I will be replacing my Ionic with a different brand, mainly Garmin.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Best Answer

Mine is doing the exact same thing. For what this item cost it should definitely last longer than this! 

Best Answer

This worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After having 6 different device in 7 years..I’ve bought an Apple Watch 5. Very happy with it, just wish I could sync with my FB friends. 

Best Answer
Same same. Wont even bother with fitbit anymore, bought an apple watch 5. Wont go back.

Cheers!
Best Answer

Hi Everyone,

I had this issue a while back and it reoccurred again recently. ( it’s only occurred when my battery has run flat)

The first time it occurred, I thought my charging cable was faulty so i went and purchased another one. (Roughly $30)

I tried charging it for 10 mins on the new cable and  it still wasn’t booting up and then suddenly it miraculously showed it was charging and then I was able to turn it on.

Fast forward 4 months on ( with no issues) 

My battery ran flat again, the issue had occurred again it wasn’t showing any charging indication when plugged in, it was completely blank and wasn’t powering up ( I let it charge the whole night but nothing happened)

I jumped onto this forum and was reading up on the comments. I thought I was doomed after reading all these comments with no solution. 

I had then tried to reset it clicking all three buttons simultaneously and it switched in with the logo and booted up. (Held for 8-10 seconds)

When it was booted the battery was 100%. I wanted to check my old cable to see if it charged and to my disbelief it worked.

To those that are facing this issue maybe give this a shot, try charging it overnight and then press all three buttons together, try it a few times and hopefully it kicks it back to work.

All the best with everything!

Best Answer
0 Votes