Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic won't turn on after I shut it down. I hold down the large button on the left and nothing.And it won't charge either. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't even had it for 24 hrs

Best Answer
311 REPLIES 311

Hello everybody, thanks for visiting the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Ionic. 

@SteveKH @Rlmrpher @Algernon @SunsetRunner I noticed Customer Support has provided assistance already.

@daviddkmk I'm glad to hear that your Ionic is working fine again, thanks for the update.

@drjay666 It seems that you have been in touch with our Support team, I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide assistance as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Keep on stepping.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

i am also having this issue tried doing the update & it seems to brick my iconic

holding down all 3 buttons does not work

Best Answer

It's great to see you around on the Community @DarrenP1985! Thanks for steps you've followed in order to fix this issue. I would like you to confirm that you followed the restart procedure

Also, reply to the following questions: 

- Is your Ionic's display turning on when it's on the charger?

- Is it turning on when you press the 3 buttons? 

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes i tried all that it didn’t work

i was able to get a replacement from where i bought it from luckily i bought their warranty at the time of purchase 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic begun to work strangely. Suddenly, after 8 months of use, half of the touchscreen wouldn't work. I couldn't do the factory reset on the Settings app because there was no way to tap the "yes" button (it stand in the right piece of the touchscreen, that was dead). I did the hard-factory-reset. To my amusement, not only the touchscreen was still half dead, but the display begun to show gradient colored lines only. I did a second factory reset and the Ionic finally died. If I press the three buttons, it will vibrate but that's it, nothing else, even with the charger plugged in.

I came across ALL OF THESE problems in the forums. At least four people who had this half dead touchscreen problem, plus more than twenty with the "display in lines" problem. All the "solved" answers didn't work for me. The company sent me a replacement (that a friend of mine got for me in Australia, because I'm in Brazil and it couldn't be delivered here), but I haven't got my hands on it yet.

The thing is - this is kind of an expensive gadget, it's the high end of Fitbit, and is packed with a lot of flaws (mainly software). As my problem was kind of solved the "hard way", I strongly suggest Fitbit to push the developers harder to do the right thing. I got so sick about it and I'm so afraid that those problems could strike again that I'm thinking to sell this replacement piece on Ebay and buy another smartwatch from a different brand. Sorry about it, but you guys from Fitbit have to know that things like this are happening.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @RalphSegs! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you had with your Ionic. I'm glad to hear you both (you too @DarrenP1985) received a replacement. 

I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

If there's any questions present, let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem and this ionic IS the replacement that was sent to me from my first dead screen ionic. I’ve bought the original less than a year ago and for that price, I’d think it would work longer than a few months. 

Ove tried all the previous suggestions and still no power and not turning on. 

There has has to be a better way. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Mondays12345, thanks for jumping in here and for letting us know you've done the troubleshooting steps provided. Nice way to go! 

I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to get it turned on this morning but purely by luck. Why does it do this? Why is such an expensive Fitbit so temperamental? I should have at least a guaranteed full year of zero issues and not have to think once about if the ionic is going to work “this time”.

Is there a download to fix this?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah not even a day I’ve owned mine. Same problem. Won’t turn on no matter how many steps I have followed. Very disappointing. Going to let it charge overnight in hopes that maybe the battery kicks in. 

Best Answer

I've had my Ionic since June 2018. I was syncing music tonight and it died. Will not respond to charging and button reset techniques. Help?

Best Answer

This is not working for me

Best Answer

I can’t tirn on my Fitbit iconic tried buttons nothing turning on I just bought it 3 and hours ago

Best Answer

Fitbit contacted me but only offered to send a refurbished iconic even tho it’s only a week old... very good customer service, but this should have never happened...

Best Answer

Can you return to the business you purchased from? I got a refurbished from Fitbit and it did this too. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I'm sorry to hear that your Ionic trackers are not turning on. If you haven't done so, please restart your trackers as described in this help article. This will refresh your trackers internally. After this, plug your Ionic trackers on their charger and see if the display turns on.

Let me know if the issue persists and I'll be happy to follow up! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
Fitbit is sending me a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Ionic 2 weeks after it first was released in Sept of 2017. I have had nothing but problems with it from the very beginning. It took 3 hours on the phone with support just to get it setup fresh out of the box. Then 2 months later it took about 4 calls to support and 3 weeks just to get the pay system setup. I have applied every firmware update as soon as it is available yet been plagued with connectivity issues the whole time I've owned it. I bought an Aria 2 scale last week and it required me to delete my Ionic in order to connect the scale so I had to reconnect my Ionic which means re-updating all the applications and allowing permissions again.

Then, last night when trying to correct the problems caused by the Aria 2, the Ionic just turned off. Just sitting on the couch watching TV, not anything stressful to the tracker. I could not get it to turn on by myself. This morning I spent an hour on the phone with support troubleshooting and the only thing they could offer is for me to buy a new one! 

I have been a Fitbit supporter since 2016 with the Blaze a few months after release, then the Ionic two weeks after release and just last week I bought the Aria 2 and now they want me to spend more money on a clearly problematic device!?

I have been on these forums reading other people's problems, I have called into support for one reason or another about once every 2 months, I have purchased multiple devices in the Fitbit eco-system so for them to offer me to spend more money is totally unacceptable!

I love Fitbit and I would like to continue to support their products, but if this is the best they can offer I will be sending my money elsewhere. I hope a Fitbit admin reading this can offer me a resolution other than spending more money... 

Best Answer

I have tried all of these things and my Fitbit Ionic will still not turn on. I would like my money back. This is ridiculous.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue, I bought my Iconic in November.  It shut off Thursday night and will not turn back on. I have tried all the methods mentioned and have had it on various USB charging ports for 2 days. It will not turn back on. Can you open a case for me as well?

Best Answer