Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic won't turn on after I shut it down. I hold down the large button on the left and nothing.And it won't charge either. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't even had it for 24 hrs

Best Answer
311 REPLIES 311

No they will not mine done the same had 50% battery but just shut off and will not factory reset nothing but because I had it for one month past there warranty all they wanted to do is give me 25% discount  for me to buy a new one I loved my ionic and very upset that they would not stand by there product 

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit Ionic for less than a year. Yesterday the screen didn't always turn on when I looked at it or touched it. Today it is just blank. It has a 93% charge (I charged it overnight). I have restarted it about 5x today and it comes on for a minute or so. Then when I look at it again it's dead. What can I do?

Best Answer

Thank you this worked for me too yay !!!!

Best Answer

This just happened to me too.  Had 89% when I took it off the charger, and when I looked at it a few hours later it was off and not turning on or charging.  Only a couple months pas the year warranty, too.  So frustrating!  This happened with my Charge also quitting only a month or two past the warranty.  Such a scam.

Best Answer

I’m experiencing this issue as well. The battery drained and when I went to charge it, the screen remained black for over an hour. I tried the reset procedures per posts above, and ensured the charging contacts and outlet were clean and had power. No luck. 

Best Answer

Agreed, This is a real scam. The Ionic is particularly worthless after 1 year. Mine just passed the one-year mark. Turned off fully charged. Won't resuscitate despite all the maneuvers and gesticulations offered. I'm junking it. No time for all the BS.

Best Answer

my 2nd iconic stopped charging all of a sudden

Best Answer

So sad. So sorry.

Best Answer

In retrospect, I recommend that anyone right now considering the Ionic and Aria 2 should rather consider the iWatch and Nokia Body+. 

Best Answer

All of a sudden my ionic went black and would not reboot using all the procedures.  It was fully charged also.  I called customer support and we walked through the hold all three buttons for 15 seconds then release the bottom right for another 10 seconds.  The  hook up the charger and expect something to happen?  It didn’t.  Then I was told it’s dead, dead, dead and they’d email me a coupon for 25% off some models and 40% off a New Ionic.  Whoopie!!.  The device was just out of warranty.   

I got a coupon and tried the priceedure twice more and voila!!!  It. Came to life???   I rebooted it and. Made it anew device by shutting down WIFI in settings and FORGETTING THE OLD DEVICE IN MY IPHONE.  Rebooted from WIFI and so far so good.  It’s working as it’s supposed to work.  I have no idea why it went dead 💀  dead 💀 in the first place.  I’m gonna rename it and call it call it Jeezez now!  Goofy 🐕 gone watch!

Best Answer

Fitbit should be embarrassed. Look at all these posts. This is ridiculous. 

My Ionic just went black this morning. Working fine. Tracked my jog earlier in the day. Then looked at it after I got to work and nothing. Have tried holding left and bottom right buttons. Have tried holding all buttons. Have tried charging...……….even thought it had a 70% battery, all got me diddly squat. 

Now I have to call support.

I am looking forward to being told that my phone is dead but they are happy to give me a 40% off coupon. Hey Fitbit.....here's a suggestion how about creating a $360 product that lasts for more than a year and 3 months.

Such a sincere disappointment because when it works it's a good product.

Best Answer

Update - Just called support. Suggested doing the things already done; cleaning, different charging (outlet / USB), hold buttons. All didn't work...……….so I have an expensive piece of garbage to wear on my wrist. Customer service was polite and tolerant. However, they are unable to provide any more that 25% / 40% discounts to use on the online store. Will offer free shipping but that's the most. I over cared for this item.  Hey Fitbit, your discount and warranty practices are a joke. Considering the number of posts there is on this issue, how about stand behind your product and give more of a discount or a longer warranty? Disappointing

Best Answer

Agree. Look at all these posts! So terribly disappointing!

Best Answer

Bought an Ionic just over a year ago and now it up and died. Customer support said there is nothing they can do save offer me a 25% discount. So...$400.00 out the window for what turned out to be an absolute garbage product. Seeing the posts here, I would hope that every potential purchaser read these forums and the host of problems with these sub par quality products and steer clear of this company. 

Awful...will never buy a Fitbit again and will ensure I communicate that to as many people as I can. Thank you internet...

After talking with a supervisor, they are now sending me a replacement Ionic. 

I had some luck when I moved onto the supervisor. Replacement watch coming - no warranty though. I hope to have a watch for another year, then back to an analogue Timex. 

Best Answer

How did you manage that?  I was told a supervisor rejected my request for a replacement

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes inquiring minds want to know. The supervisor I spoke to for 25 minutes prior repeating the same thing "here's 40%". please verify. Thanks

Best Answer

No sure. Explained my displeasure in no uncertain terms and he made the
offer.

Best Answer

How long was your out of warranty?  I’m assuming you bought yours around Christmas 2017

Tried being nice on chat maybe going angry works??? 

Best Answer

They told me it was a one year warranty and I bought last March

Best Answer

One more to the list of dead Ionics.

Mine worked flawlessly until two days ago when it started draining the battery very fast and It was having trouble syncing. I also noticed I couldn't add or remove apps from the watch (I'd always get an error message). Bluetooth was working correctly as all my notifications were coming through.

I did increasingly complicated procedures to restore normal operation initially as instructed by the official Fitbit help section, then as seen in the Fitbit community. Last thing I tried was a factory reset. That went fine, but while the firmware was updating, the device went dark and nothing will wake it up since. No signs of life when I connect it to the charger. All the button press combinations won't do as well.

Seven month old... I hope the warranty will work in my case. All in all I'm quite disappointed with the Ionic and disillusioned with smartwatches in general. They are very expensive yet fragile devices. 

Maybe in a decade it will be better? Who knows...

Best Answer