Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic won't turn on after I shut it down. I hold down the large button on the left and nothing.And it won't charge either. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't even had it for 24 hrs

Best Answer
311 REPLIES 311

Hello guys! It's a pleasure to continue providing assistance, my apologies for the delay in responding. Welcome to the Community Forums @aka9, it's nice to see you again @BennyCederlund.

@BennyCederlund  You're welcome! I'm happy to know that our Customer Support team assisted you with the inconvenience experienced with your Ionic device. Don't hesitate to contact me back if you need anything else or have any additional questions for me to answer. 

@aka9 Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts with us, I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. Please note that we are always trying to improve our products and services, therefore, the feedback that was submitted in your post is appreciated. Don't hesitate to contact me back if you need anything else or our Customer Support team for more information and details about the resolution that was provided by them. Also, please check our warranty policies here

I'll be around.

Best Answer

@RicardoFitbit wrote:

Hello guys! It's a pleasure to continue providing assistance, my apologies for the delay in responding. Welcome to the Community Forums @aka9, it's nice to see you again @BennyCederlund.

@BennyCederlund  You're welcome! I'm happy to know that our Customer Support team assisted you with the inconvenience experienced with your Ionic device. Don't hesitate to contact me back if you need anything else or have any additional questions for me to answer. 

@aka9 Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts with us, I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. Please note that we are always trying to improve our products and services, therefore, the feedback that was submitted in your post is appreciated. Don't hesitate to contact me back if you need anything else or our Customer Support team for more information and details about the resolution that was provided by them. Also, please check our warranty policies here

I'll be around.

Thanks for reply, but I am not sure what you meant to contact you or support team for further assistance? I am already informed that you provide no solution for the repair after 1year warranty and there s indeed no repair center available for me to repair it with my own expense. Its just very disappointing and I would not consider buying another Fitbit and would not recpmmend it to other potential buyers.

Best Answer

This has not worked for my watch 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic has just suffered the same.  Really astounded at the high numbers of people with this problem. 

@ Fitbit - what causes this problem - surely you must know?

Have tried all of the accepted fixes on this tread but still will not turn on.

How do I raise an issue with support?

(UK based - Do I have 24 month warranty? Watch purchased April 2018).

Best Answer
My fitbit ionic suddenly just died today what is the deal. No more
warranty??????
Best Answer
0 Votes

You can add me to the list of individuals who have lost faith in Fitbit.  My ionic is doing the same thing, went to bed with 45% battery life...woke up dead.  I have tried everything suggested above and had a useless chat with customer care.  This also happened right after an update to the app...not sure if it is related, but something clearly isn’t right based on the number of similar complaints.

My ionic is just over a year old (14 months) so no warranty...just a “40% off deal”.  Really?? Why would I want to give any more money??  There has got to be a better way to handle this!  

Best Answer

My Ionic will not turn on. I have tried pressing back and bottom buttons but no response. It has been on charge for two hours. Please help. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes... so many of us have this problem

@Fitbit

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Moderator Edit: All-caps

Best Answer
That isn't going to work... These ionic watches have MANUFACTURING issues... PERIOD POINT BLANK!! 

Best Answer

Mine did this as well. I'll never spend money on a fitbit again.  

Purchased a Garmin Fenix 5x Plus and will never look back.

Best Answer

I too have tried all troubleshooting suggestions, and it still won't come on.Had since Jan 2019. Can you connect me with customer support as well? Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
🤔🤔 does Garmin sell waterproof watches? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am unable to connect you to customer service... But you aren't going to like what you hear 🤷🏾‍♀🤷🏾‍♀ You have to address the moderators of this forum 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again, it's a pleasure to continue assisting. Welcome aboard @Revrac @andrepienaar @troysbama @Lisapizza. Thanks for your replies and updates @aka9  @lyssjax @BluettD @Lilcat40. Sorry for the delay in responding.  

Sorry for the inconveniences  experienced with the Fitbit Ionic. I want to thank all of you for the time you took to share your thoughts with us regarding our Ionic device and our Customer Support team, your feedback and comments always help us to improve our products and services. If any of you haven't already done so, please follow the steps from our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? which also include our restart process. Then, please try our factory reset process following the next steps:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds.
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive).
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons.
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details.

As a friendly reminder, you can always check our Returns and Warranty policies to understand better the response from our Support Team.for any warranty-related reply and contact them back if you have any additional questions in regards their replies.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am beyond angry thank God I brought the Best buy warranty none of this works at all.

Best Answer
Thank God, indeed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@RicardoFitbit wrote:

Hello again, it's a pleasure to continue assisting. Welcome aboard @Revrac @andrepienaar @troysbama @Lisapizza. Thanks for your replies and updates @aka9  @lyssjax @BluettD @Lilcat40. Sorry for the delay in responding.  

Sorry for the inconveniences  experienced with the Fitbit Ionic. I want to thank all of you for the time you took to share your thoughts with us regarding our Ionic device and our Customer Support team, your feedback and comments always help us to improve our products and services. If any of you haven't already done so, please follow the steps from our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? which also include our restart process. Then, please try our factory reset process following the next steps:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds.
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive).
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons.
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details.

As a friendly reminder, you can always check our Returns and Warranty policies to understand better the response from our Support Team.for any warranty-related reply and contact them back if you have any additional questions in regards their replies.

I'll be around. 

@RicardoFitbit  -You are completely missing the point with this thread.  Our ionic's are dead and will not turn on so trying to do a reset and waiting for the logo to disappear is completely irrelevant here.  There is no power on the device and nothing will get it charged.

Apparently I have an open item with your help desk but I've heard nothing yet on this, raised last Thursday (11th July)).  Perhaps you could get in touch with them as I've no idea who to contact at the moment.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer

I love how every response from the moderators is the same stock answer.  No real concern for our issue or problem. Just a quick “cut and paste” recommendation of the same things we have all tried already.  Unfortunately, I am starting see a pattern with more than the product, it is beginning to feel like this the culture at Fitbit.  If they truly cared, they would read our comments, realize that the issues we are having have nothing to do with their “cut and paste” solutions or recommendations.  

I am truly disappointed in the company at this point...I have been a loyal and happy patron for over a decade and I have proudly recommended these products to others and now...I have lost all confidence and trust in this company.  In a time where social media and word of mouth marketing is king....Fitbit has chosen to close their eyes to the issue, cross their fingers and hope this all just magically goes away.  Sad, just really sad.

Best Answer

My case was finally raised with Fitbit-Support and they have agreed to replace my Ionic free-of-charge.

Any one else in the same position keep plugging away.

Best Answer

@BluettD wrote:

My case was finally raised with Fitbit-Support and they have agreed to replace my Ionic free-of-charge.

Any one else in the same position keep plugging away.

Glad to hear that at least someone from all of us got a real solution.

I won’t bother to keep “plugging away”, I’ve already moved to Garmin Forerunner, and so far sooooo good. Awesome and reliable machine and far better tracker and smart watch than any of Fitbit device I had...

Not coming back...

Best Answer