Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won’t unlock and the phone doesn’t show device

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit asks to unlock but is mysteriously gone from phone app.  Now acts as though on phone app won’t allow itself to be setup anew- won’t provide 4 digit code just shows red “unlock with phone” screen, but phone doesn’t show device.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @NickGleeson

Thanks for the details shared on your post and for the troubleshooting tried so far. Usually the Fitbit Ionic is able to respond if you follow the instructions listed at How do I use the device lock on my Fitbit device? However since you have mentioned that your phone does not show the device, I recommend doing the following: 

1. Important: Please note that you'll need to reinstall any apps on your device after the reset, and if you couldn’t sync your device, then any data on the Fitbit device will be lost.  
  2. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  3. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  4. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  5. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays fitbit.com/global/us/setup
  6. When the device successfully resets, please set up your Ionic as new device. See How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @NickGleeson

Thanks for the details shared on your post and for the troubleshooting tried so far. Usually the Fitbit Ionic is able to respond if you follow the instructions listed at How do I use the device lock on my Fitbit device? However since you have mentioned that your phone does not show the device, I recommend doing the following: 

1. Important: Please note that you'll need to reinstall any apps on your device after the reset, and if you couldn’t sync your device, then any data on the Fitbit device will be lost.  
  2. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  3. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  4. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  5. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays fitbit.com/global/us/setup
  6. When the device successfully resets, please set up your Ionic as new device. See How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer

What about dealing with the same problem with a Versa....the described method can not be done as the buttons are located differently..

Please assist..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Bryct.

Thank you for the information provided.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they've done their best to provide a high level of support. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes