Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic wont pair!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic was not sync correctly  so I unpaired it and now can not pair it back with my phone! Connects and has me enter the 4 digit pin but then fails. I have restarted the Ionic, phone, turned off, turned on bluetooth at least 50 times with no succes!! Any thoughts, about to go back to my Blaze or try a Samsung Gear

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

Ya I've had the same issues 

takes a while to set up. Fitbit knows about the issues and really doesn't give a F..

But yet they still put out more products instead fixing the issue. I tried the Samsung gear s2  it's cool but lacks apps. Very limited. And logging in food I believe 3rd party apps if you're lucky. And sleep monitoring is not consistent. One day it worked next day it didn't show I slept.. Only thing about fitbit is the app layout. It's a one stop shop 

everything about logging food, sleep etc. Where they messed up was trying to dive in the smart watch game.

The blaze is awesome. After that they royally screwed everything up. 

If your trolling this fitbit you should be ashamed and advocate to fix this. That's if you care 

Best Answer
0 Votes

have you had any look since? i only ask as i have a oneplus 5t and i cant pair my ionic to the wifi

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic doesn't want to pair with LG been around in circles de linked fitbit charged ionic re installed researched  .updated . no go ..

Best Answer
0 Votes

i am another user whose ionic won't pair with the phone. I think this is day 3 or 4 of not pairing. I even bought a new phone (already tried installing/uninstalling, switching on bluetooth, switching it off again etc etc etc).

The last time my ionic failed to sync i tried all the suggested ways to re-sync; ended up doing a hard reset of the device which killed the ionic. Fitbit sent me a new ionic (in fairness to fitbit after about 4 months of the 'dead' ionic seemed (i haven't tested it yet) to be possibly working again.

It is odd though. The first ionic lasted roughly 4 months before not being able to sync and 'dying'. The replacement ionic has lasted about 4 months and is now doing the same as the previous one AAAAND just woken up this morning and the clock is now 5 hours behind local time for no apparent reason.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. My Ionic half works measures day to day but hasn't synced since April 17th. 18 emails to and from Fitbit help. I have tried everything suggested but It will still not sync. This watch is still under warranty and cost £230. So I am not happy and seem to be getting nowhere. Perhaps I  need to contact Trading Standards

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've given up with my ionic and just use it for counting steps - it's no
good for anything else. Syncing only works intermittently and notifications
don't work at all. My wife has one too and has similar problems (with a
different phone).

Good luck with trading standards!
Best Answer
0 Votes

All of the issues I had went away when I removed a third party watch design and went back to the stock watch face + removed all additional apps. Once I did that then I rebooted the watch manually. No issues since then. It seems that the third party "pretty" watch faces kill the back end code.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would highly recommend contacting the support team.

They actually read what you’ve written AND respond instead of a standard, humanless response.

I now have three ionics, maybe four. Within the first four months they would have some kind of problem. I contact the help desk and they’ve shipped me out a replacement. It’s taken 3 or 4 goes and it’s been over three different continents but I think this one is about 8 months old and still seems to be going strong.

And, best of all, I’ve been getting fitter.

It is a pain in the arse when it goes wrong but help is there!

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same problem and I have to reset, switch off-on watch and still not pairing.

Pretty useless now as I bought it to monitor my sleep that the watch does not do unless paired with app.

I wont be recommending Fitbit to anyone after seeing this community place with many people having the same problem and no solution.

Expensive and no good

Best Answer
0 Votes
Although it is super frustrating when it doesn’t work I would recommend talking with their customer support they are very very helpful

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this solution!   It worked!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just saw this post after I experienced the same problem as the rest this morning. Nothing works and pairing number keeps looping. Did factory reset and able to connect again. Currently the Ionic is updating its firmware and yeah, kinda slow. Regardlessly, it's better than being caught in pairing cycle. Thank you so much despite my appreciation came in 3 years later from your post! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad you managed to get it sorted!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I got in touch with fitbit support through twitter cos my Ionic refused to pair with the cellphone. Sporadic response. Once they got to know make of my cellphone and android version, they just stooped communicating. in desperation I I too tried factory reset now that devise id dead. Fitbit support doesn't respond. Its painful to be a fitbit customer. 

Best Answer

Maybe try emailing them (?) ask what happened to your enquirer?

they’ve always been very good with me. 

I’m based in Europe... I don’t know if that makes a difference..?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been great for a few years now but since the latest update mine will not pair. I have done everything to restore/restart/reset I can and it will still not pair. Frustrating. Can't get anyone in support.

Dralas
Best Answer

Sorry to hear that. I'm using android and what basically i did was:

1. Bluetooth unpair

2. Pairing (Failed) 

3. Restarted both ionic & android (pairing still failed) 

4. Uninstalled & reinstall fitbit apps (new setting) 

5. Pairing with new setup (Failed - PIN Loop) 

6. Reset Factory Setting - Ionic (Data not clear) 

7. Did the 3 buttons pressed & 1 button release to go back normal mode

7. Pairing with new setup in apps (SUCCESS!)

8. Update firmware 

9. Back to normal sync (only the day data missing + other fitbit installed apps information)

Hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes
thanks for your email. I finally did get mine working also had to do a
number of resets and restarts. What a merry go round

LF
Dralas
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great does that me I have to keep trying ? BTW someone from Support did get in touch with me after some delay. The delay in response could be because of the circumstances prevailing all over the world. Okay. I will keep trying.

Best Answer
0 Votes