Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic wouldn't sync with xiaomi Mi8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having this problem Ionic wouldn't sync with xiaomi mi8. My other phone and pc are fine.

Anyone can help me with this problem?

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Unfortunately I cant see that phone on the Supported devices list so that may well be why you are having problems. In ant case go through THIS Help Article on troubleshooting sync issues and see if you can get it working. Let us know how you go 

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi, 
I have basically the same problem Xiaomi Mi8 does not sync with Ionic, is there any plan to update Ionic software to include the new phones?

I am struggling to understand what specifically is not compatible here is it bluetooth hardware itself? 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Mateusz1! Note that the devices on this list have been confirmed as fully compatible with all features of Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app. While a phone or tablet may not be verified as fully compatible, the Fitbit app may still work with your device. 

Our team routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. Be sure to verify that your phone meets the minimum operating system requirements. Also, it would be great if you take a look at the article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Follow the steps, didn't work. Any idea how to get it the sync to work. It does work on my pc and oldwe phone.

Could you please make it work with xiaomi mi8. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for following the tips and recommendations @dorst622! The Xiaomi Mi8 may have all the hardware requirements to be a supported device but it's currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet tested it for compatibility and added it to the list what means that we don't have a estimated date on when it will be added. 

Since the setup didn't work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a Windows 10/Mac computer with integrated Bluetooth 4.0 running the Fitbit Software. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates! Smiley Wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very much wanted to get the  new versa, but the compatible of fitbit app with xiaomi is stopping to me. Didn't want to spend money on something that is not compatible with my phone. 

Not sure how many user have same concern as me.

Hope fitbit can work better on fitbit compatable with android phone . 

Xiaomi phone is rank 4 globally, did fitbit did not notice. Fitbit compatible list for xiaomi model is like years ago. Hope you could update it with the lasted model. 

Best Answer
0 Votes