Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is FB to Strava link down?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello FB,

Is your backend link to Strava down? My new run details from yesterday, which are uploaded to FB, are not showing up on my dashboard on Strava website.

Thanks

GT

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

I've had issues with Strava and Fitbit since I sadly ended up stuck with my current Ionic. There seems no urgency on the Fitbit side in trying to resolve any issues with their device. I've tried all the recommended fixes but currently to no avail. Can we have an update please moderators - preferably without the whole 'way to go on reporting how rubbish your watch is' stuff?

Thanks

Best Answer

UPDATE #2:

Yesterday afternoon synced but with a delay, maybe 15min, which is not normal.
This morning it is not syncing...

I noticed that connecting to GPS recently takes longer than before. Last week I had to factory reset (2. time) in order to get the GPS working again. Not sure if there is a connection here 😉

UPDATE:
After updating the Strava app on my iPhone, this mornings ride synced immediately.

I do not know if there is any logic behind this but it did sync.
My rides from yesterday are still missing in the clouds.

Yesterday morning syncing just fine.

Yesterday afternoon (2 rides) and this morning does not sync.

I do not believe revoking back and forth being the solution here.

Fitbit Ionic, iPhone SE, Using Strava - Bike rides and rowing
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Strava phone app is full up to date and issue can not be with app because if it was, I will be able to see activity on Strava online dashboard at least. Looks like the data flow from FB cloud to Strava cloud is clogged.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I log 3-5 rides a week, using Garmin Edge bike computer and TrainerRoad. Both consistently and instantly push outdoor rides and indoor training rides to Strava. I've tried using the Fitbit sync a few times this year, and for some reason Fitbit can't seem to get pushing rides from Fitbit cloud to Strava working reliably.

The Strava app on your phone is not involved, rides sync from Ionic to Fitbit phone app, and then Fitbit app to Fitbit cloud. Then Fitbit cloud is responsible for syncing to Strava cloud.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! This issue was already reported to our team thanks to you guys. Please take a look at this thread to get updates on a fix for this. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. Woman Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
TCX file download only available from FitBit website and not from the App

Having cancelled and reauthorised; this morning’s run automatically synchronised with Strava. I have no faith that this is the issue resolved as the FitBit explanation does not sound credible.

Thanks
Jonathan Shewell-Cooper
Best Answer
0 Votes
I appreciate the feedback. However, I was on the website when I attempted
downloading. Only options in the dropdown was CSV & XLS.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing your experience on this thread regarding the situation you were experiencing. Thanks for sharing the workaround that helped you out with this. Please check this thread for updates on a fix for this.

@12Squared It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for your interest in downloading files in TCX format. It is available on the website dashboard.

In this case, you will need to go to your activity history and select "View Details" for the activity you want to export. Once you have done this, please click the 3 dot menu and proceed to click on "Export as TCX". Here is how the option looks like:

TCXTCX

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Hi. I'm not sure either of these comments answer the problem FitBit? Do we have to manually upload now - is that your solution for this problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jillyholli I hope you're doing well! Thanks for posting your inquiry regarding the main topic of this thread.

Please check this official thread for updates on a fix for this. It seems that syncing should be back to normal now. However, old activities may not sync yo Strava. If yours are still not syncing please report it on that thread.

Thanks for your patience on this. See you around! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes