Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit getting rid of Ionic?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why has Fitbit stopped selling Ionic? Will they stop updates and fixes?

This was an expensive device and the accessories were expensive!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @KCEC  the Ionic was retired and replace by the Sense. So far, it's still being updated and the forum for Ionic is still being moderated. Just because they stopped making it doesn't mean you're left out. There is still support and these forums. I wore a few Fitbit products after they were retired and they did fine. I have a family friend who loves their Ionic and still wears it.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @KCEC  the Ionic was retired and replace by the Sense. So far, it's still being updated and the forum for Ionic is still being moderated. Just because they stopped making it doesn't mean you're left out. There is still support and these forums. I wore a few Fitbit products after they were retired and they did fine. I have a family friend who loves their Ionic and still wears it.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for your question regarding Fitbit Ionic @KCEC.

As @Odyssey13 mentioned, Fitbit Ionic was retired but it's still being updated and moderated. You can still wear it and have support if something happens. 

Keep on visiting the forums.  

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply. 

If you retire a product, and everyone that bought it will be out of Warranty, why doesn't Fitbit provide parts to those who want to attempt a fix? I've read enquiries from people who are interested. Would instill faith in product longevity.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for your question @KCEC.

I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family; however, we as any other company have policies to follow through.  While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.

See you around. 

Best Answer