Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit going to address the syncing issues? I'm starting to relish taking a hammer to mine.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is Fitbit going to address the syncing issues? So far they have only provided temporary solutions, which only work a small percentage of the time. It's ridiculous. I was considering getting a refund, but I was naive enough to believe the issues would get addressed. I'm regretting that now.

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

I’m having issues too. I’ve only had my Ionic for about a week and it worked perfectly for the first 5 days. Then it stopped syncing.

I managed to get it to sync yesterday by removing the app but that’s not working today. I’ve tried the instructions here (in a thread where the mod says the issue is resolved): https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/RESOLVED-Ionic-Syncing-Issues/td-p/2218143

But now the phone can’t reconnect the Ionic at all. I’m stuck on the screen where it says it’s found the Ionic and is connecting but it never completed. Help!.

What can I do? Maybe the issue is resolved but I have old firmware - how can I update it? Or maybe it’s not resolved after all or new problems have emerged, in which case what does Fitbit say?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also had major problems today, in my desperation I connected the Ionic to my PC (that supports Bluetooth 4.0) - and managed to sync.

Half an hour later suddenly the watch synced with my phone again (for the first time today) - and after that I have had no problems. Crossing my fingers for the problems to stay away.

This is what I would try

1) Disable Bluetooth on your phone

2) Connect the tracker to another device (phone/tablet/pc)

3) Disable Bluetooth on that device, and turn it back on on your phone

4) Cross your fingers for syncing to work again on the phone, and the problems to go away for good...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I could try it with an iPad or other tablet, I guess.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try removing the Ionic from your account and setting it up as a new device, that worked for me last week.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if that's in reply to me or the OP? In my case, I've disconnected the Ionic from the Fitbit account (as suggested by a moderator in the linked thread above). But now I can't get it to reconnect.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have seen way to many post about removing the device and adding back in. It causes many problems IMHO.

Disable blue tooth wait a few go back in and re-enable

Do a restart and then try and sync again.

Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Same. I'm not getting the notifications either  I didn't have these problems with my blaze. Sooooooo annoying. I'm gonna give it 1 more week before I take it back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m so happy. I kept persisting then I was shown a troubleshooting screen that suggested I power down the watch by pressing the left button and bottom right button. I had to hold it for quite a while but then it restarted and asked for a PIN then s wi-fi network and then synced. Huzzah! Hopefully that’s all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK - I've had my Ionic for 2 day.  Two days!  It has connectivity issues to my iPhone.  Considering it did a HUGE update when I turned it on and initially set it up, it should be up-to-date.  For a $300 watch, I would expect it to work better.  I got rid of an iWatch 3 because I prefer FitBit.  I would "think" that FitBit is actively working to resolve an issue - it would be nice to get some type of confirmation from FitBit.  To constantly go through troubleshooting activities is unacceptable for a device in the price bracket!

So - FitBit - please acknowledge that this IS an issue, and get someone working on it.  Make yourself a true competitor to iWatch.

I'd add a signature line except there is no place in my profile to put it. Yes, I checked the FAQ and followed the directions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same Issue, loses sync for days, then when it catches up its not reporting the correct amount of steps back to the application.

Best Answer
0 Votes