Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal if HR turns off when swimming?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the last three days, my Ionic heart rate monitor stopped tracking beats per minute during a one mile swim. Tracked lengths, duration and calories but not heart rate. Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Ionic doesn't use HR monitor during swimming if you start tracking manually ( it just shuts it down ). It does track it however if the swimming is autodetected.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @1209surf. I just wanted to jump in and confirm the information that @SunsetRunner provided. Your heart rate will automatically turn off, when you're swimming. 

You can continue learning about it by checking this article: How do I track my swims with my Fitbit device?

Thanks for your advice @SunsetRunner. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 😀

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It tracked my heart rate when swimming for the first 5 months but then stopped. Why?CF3102AA-F8F0-4B72-9C12-643F77471BF3.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @1209surf. I appreciate the screenshot that you've shared. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've informed me that this is a known issue but this isn't expected behavior. 

It's normal that you're not receiving heart rate information in your swim activities right now. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 😀

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes