Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Ionic compatible with any Bluetooth headphone?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is the ionic compatible with any Bluetooth headphone?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
36 REPLIES 36

I believe many bluetooth headphones will work. Perhaps a good place to start would be fitbit's own headphones: www.fitbit.com/flyer

Best Answer

I believe they are, but the Ionic works best with the Flyer, from what I've heard.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

I bought a pair of inexpensive bluetooth headphones from Amazon and they work great!  They paired with my Ionic right away and they connect easily every time I want to use them.  I listen to music from my Ionic while running and haven't had any problems.  There are many inexpensive options out there, so I recommend giving them a try.  Here's the link to the brand I purchased.  They frequently go on sale for under $20.  https://www.amazon.com/Anker-SoundBuds-Headphones-Waterproof-Sweatproof/dp/B0721MP41Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=...

Best Answer
Thank you.
Best Answer
Thank you so much. So haooy to know that cheaper options are available.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit won't tell you that the only supported Bluetooth headphones are it's Flyer headphones.  They will tell you that they can't help you if you have a problem using any other wireless headphones.  This is even if the headphones (Sony MDR-XB80BS in my case-which are awesome) work fine on other Ionics or any other Bluetooth devices.  I experienced this incredibly poor customer service under case 24158025, where they explained that I would need to go out and buy a pair of Flyers to test it with them before they would even consider reviewing the problem.  I hope this was helpful to you.

Best Answer

@ScottNC I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing your experience on this thread. What was the final resolution of that case with customer support?

@clairebushell Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for your post regarding Bluetooth headphones. I'm glad you found an answer here on the Community! Please let me know what kind of headphones you get and how hey work with Ionic!

@SteveH @DramaQueenDiva @Wizegeezer I hope you're all doing well! Thanks for your awesome help on this thread! Smiley Very Happy

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Does the FitBit Ionic pair with the Beats Solo 3? I want something with good sound and bass for when I am working out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chelissa2 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for posting your inquiry about Bluetooth headphones on this thread. 

Fitbit Ionic uses a radio transceiver with Bluetooth 4.0. Just make sure those headphones are compatible with this and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

“Is the ionic compatible with any Bluetooth headphone?”

Answer -> No

“Does the FitBit Ionic pair with the Beats Solo 3?”

Maybe.  My Beats X pair if that helps.

Vote if this helps you at all and Vote if this is a solution to your issue [Current Leader in Ionic Forum with 15 Solutions + Thumbs Up 92]
Really there is no need to suffer in Frustration - simply call Tech Support at 877-623-4997 and get your Ionic replaced right now while you can
Many have followed this straightforward advice and now have a replacement Ionic - we all should have “zero tolerance” for any defective Ionic

Best Answer

@Whistler888 I hope you're doing well! Thank you very much for sharing your experience on this thread regarding Bluetooth headphones.

I'm sure other users will find your experience useful. I'm glad your Beats X paired correctly.

There are some really good Bluetooth headphones out there. For instance, Fitbit Flyer are very good specially to work with Ionic. Feel free to check them out here.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I have a pair of blue tooth enabled headphones that work just fine and they cost under $20.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wxchick I hope you're doing well! Thanks for taking the time to share your input on this thread. 

I'm glad you have a pair a Bluetooth headphones that work just fine with Ionic. If possible, feel free to share which type of headphones are them so other users may benefit from this.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Santifitbit, they are a pair of the 'Skullcandy Bluetooth Wireless headphones'. Don't remember the model number, I have had them for more than a year. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just saw my previous post and I believe I caught mines on sale at the time, so they probably cost a bit more than $20 at this time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Sandi, 

I couldn’t afford the flyer headphones and want to run occasionally with music so picked up a pair of Juku rhythm Bluetooth earphones which were a lot more affordable especially since I only want them from time to time as I mostly run in groups. Before I open the box and can’t return them do you know if they will work with ionic? Anyone using them? Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have not heard of this brand I have the skullcandy bluetooth ones and they work fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Very few from the forums that I've looked at.  its a real issue - music drops out all the time.  Fitbit know about it but havent got a solution - except to buy their own flyers.  Bit of a rip off.  Wish I'd not got the ionic.  That and no links with spottify really dont make sense

Best Answer
0 Votes

Works with my cheap QY7 earbuds just about all of the time.  I occasionally notice an issue with a weak signal (music cutting out) but only when I'm out jogging for some reason, never have a problem with it when I'm in the gym lifting weights.

Best Answer
0 Votes