Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to track distance rowed with Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I row on water as well as on land. Is there a way I can track the distance rowed on the water with my Ionic? Can I use one of the exercise on the watch like swimming, running or cycling? I don't know much distance I rowed unless it is tracked through gps.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @KazvanGenne,

I don't row on water, but I have seen reports where people logged it as a Run to get the GPS/distance logged.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @KazvanGenne! It's great to hear that you're rowing on water and on land. 

Currently, the row activity isn't in the Ionic but you can use any other that uses GPS to track the distance and then edit the name of it. Additionally, you can post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, those are reviewed by our team and the status will change based in Fitbit's plans. 

Thanks for your input @KazvanGenne.

Hope you're able to get the distance. Don't hesitate to get back and share your results with us. Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit  how do you edit name of any GPS-based activity?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SunsetRunner. I apologize for the misunderstanding. You can only edit activities tracked by SmartTrack. 

Thanks for pointing that out. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SilviaFitbit still there is misunderstanding because I cannot edit activity. I can change the name. I also own competitors product where I can "edit activity" and what Fitbit offers ( at least on Android ) is a joke. Here is what editing activity should look like (and looks like in the competitor product):Can edit every single field any time I want

And here is what I see in my Fitbit app:Fitbit: Can change the name only, all other fields always disabled

It is an overstatment to claim that you can edit activity when using Fitbit if large group of users (I assume iOS users can do a bit more from what I have read in this forum) cannot do it even for SmartTrack activities. In other words, if the OP is Android user then cannot do anything and moderators shouldn't spread false information.

Best Answer

Thank you for getting back @SunsetRunner. I appreciate the screenshot shared. Sorry for the misunderstanding, you can only edit the activity name using any platform. As you mentioned, if you have iOS you'll be able to edit more. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes