Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues syncing Ionic / Iphone 7

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm not able to sync the Ionic with my Iphone 7. When I check the list of devices, the app is always looking for the ionic. I already tried restarting my cell phone, turning off/on bluetooth, etc. When I remove the device from my bluetooth preferences and try to pair it again I get the message "connecting to device" but nothing happens. The only solution is to reset the ionic to factory preferences but I'm losing all my data. How is it possible? What is the point to buy a device like this if I'm going to lose all the data from time to time?

Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @GermanCo! Thanks for already troubleshooting this syncing issue with your Ionic. Nice way to go! 

I know this can be a little annoying my friend, but I'd like you to please check and review this post where my friend @mrmath3 share a list of steps to sort this out. Many of them you've tried already, but it won't hurt to double check and make sure none of them have been skipped. 

Also, you can use the following workaround:

1. Go to your phone's Bluetooth Settings and remove Ionic from the list of Bluetooth devices
  2. Open the Fitbit app and remove Ionic from your Fitbit account (Account>Ionic>Remove) upload.png
  3. Next, setup your Ionic watch again 

All data that Ionic tracks is saved on device and once you're able to sync, it will save it to your account for your viewing.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome, I'll be around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Same issue.  I've done all that and the above.  Still will not sync

Best Answer
0 Votes