Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining The Failure of IONIC

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Coming in hot with the awesome news that my Ionic has official died on me, along with many others in the world. The best part is that my watch is only 2 weeks out of warranty (which need I mind everyone FITBIT didn’t allow stores to provide a store warranty)and I was offered two options. One being a email from a head honcho, so they say, that doesn’t do customer service on the phone only through email. Then, it gets better, a measly 25% off coupon, which expires in 30 days, to buy yet another failure of a watch. I spent 2 days talking to customer service to be told my watch has already been replaced, which was false. Finally, got ahold of a supervisor (Kelly T) who told me that she has done everything she can do and there was no one else I could talk to above her, unless I wanted  to email. The way she spoke to me was as if I was talking to a computer and every time I spoke she was always trying to speak over me. This watch meant a lot to me seeing it was my first year anniversary gift and now $300 has gone down the drain just to be told sorry as FITBIT becomes a little richer. I can honestly say this is not the first Fitbit watch I’ve owned and have always loved my FITBIT, until now! Customer service was horrible and very much all trained to tell me the same thing and that maybe I should buy another. I hope this reaches everyone on the market when making a decision on what kind of watch to buy. I will never buy another FITBIT product again. Although, I will thank BestBuy for being so considerate on how awful FITBIT customer service was (as they heard the whole conversation) and offered a gift card to help a little. It wasn’t much, but seeing they couldn’t do anything about the product failure they tried to compensate for the disappointment FITBIT has given me on something that meant so much. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

The device started over-heating about a week ago, soI changed the charger, after which I was able to successfully charge the device. This week it started over-heating while charging it on my laptop. This time I got the thermometer icon on the screen. I replaced the charger ad was able to change the device again. 

This morning when I was about to start my long run, the device stops responding to the touch, so I could not start tracking my run. About 30 minutes in the run, the device just went dead. It is not responding when the charger is connected and I am unable to reset the device.

I went onto the Fitbit Chat, and they pretty much told me that there is nothing they can do to assist, and that was it. 

I have the device for 1 year and 10 months, which makes it off the warranty period. But reading from all the numerous post, the devices don't seem to last for over 2 years. This sounds like a rip-off to me!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler
Spoiler
Mine is 9 months old and it doesn't turn on anymore even if i pray 🙏 to the fitbit smartwatch gods... It all started with my watch not responding to color face changes once i noticed that i decided to turn the watch off thinking that it was just lil glitch well long story short the **ahem** watch didn't turn back on 
Best Answer

I’m so sorry to hear this and officially off the market for FITBIT. I will NEVER buy another after the way I was treated by customer service and never offering any help just offering of only 25% off another when the one you have is still considered new! I hate you and everyone else have experienced this as I have and hope in the future you find a better Company to buy from.

Best Answer
0 Votes