Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a positive review

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Former Blaze user here; I received my Ionic today.  I know that some people are having a negative experience with their Ionic, but I would like to say that my setup- music, apps, bluetooth- has been fairly seamless. The only thing I had a problem with was the initial loading of my Pandora stations-- it took an hour. However, once it was finished,  I was able to easily connect two different bluetooth headphones with no issues, and the apps I have tried have all worked well. Battery life seems to be just fine, and I love that surfline has included their app for the watch. Just wanted to leave a positive note. I am looking forward to getting a lot of use from this watch. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @AdamMSC! I’m another big fan of the Ionic. It works very well for my purposes. The Alta and the Alta HR were favorites for a long time and I was afraid the Ionic would be too big for my wrist. But it fits nicely. I especially like:

• Having a clock face that shows me the time, DAY and date, along with steps and BPM. Hubby and I are both retired so the common morning question is, “What day is it?”
  • Being able to manage multiple alarms right from the Ionic.
  • Being able to switch Screen Wake off right from the Ionic. No waking each other up with the bright light at night when we turn over.
  • Being able to turn notifications off - right from the Ionic screen. Don’t want those going off when I’m sleeping, either. 
  • And ... being able to impress the folks at Starbucks by paying for my latte with a flick of the wrist. 

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. The Ionic has simplified things for me. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@AdamMSCSame here, I had minor issues with syncing recently but now I'm on my latest App version my phone syncs as soon as I open the App.. My Ionic was supplied early October with the initial release..

My specs are below, but what is your phone/computer for your success..?

wrote:

Former Blaze user here; I received my Ionic today.  I know that some people are having a negative experience with their Ionic, but I would like to say that my setup- music, apps, bluetooth- has been fairly seamless. The only thing I had a problem with was the initial loading of my Pandora stations-- it took an hour. However, once it was finished,  I was able to easily connect two different bluetooth headphones with no issues, and the apps I have tried have all worked well. Battery life seems to be just fine, and I love that surfline has included their app for the watch. Just wanted to leave a positive note. I am looking forward to getting a lot of use from this watch. 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

I have an iphone 5s and a new-ish Dell desktop. I am glad to know you are enjoying your device, too. It's great. 

Best Answer

Hi there @AdamMSC! I’m another big fan of the Ionic. It works very well for my purposes. The Alta and the Alta HR were favorites for a long time and I was afraid the Ionic would be too big for my wrist. But it fits nicely. I especially like:

• Having a clock face that shows me the time, DAY and date, along with steps and BPM. Hubby and I are both retired so the common morning question is, “What day is it?”
  • Being able to manage multiple alarms right from the Ionic.
  • Being able to switch Screen Wake off right from the Ionic. No waking each other up with the bright light at night when we turn over.
  • Being able to turn notifications off - right from the Ionic screen. Don’t want those going off when I’m sleeping, either. 
  • And ... being able to impress the folks at Starbucks by paying for my latte with a flick of the wrist. 

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. The Ionic has simplified things for me. 

Best Answer

I also really like my Ionic. My other trackers dont get much of a look in now. It is so comfortable to wear, and as @SunsetRunner said doent look big and clunky at all (even on my skinny wrist). I love the screen and alll the functions it has. I look foward to more apps etc in the future. For me it is exciting!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I just received my Ionic on Thursday.  Everything has been so seamless and amazing.  I am also a former Blaze (and Charge 2) owner and I absolutely LOVE my Ionic.  I've taken it in the shower and swimming in the pool with no issues.  Set up was easy for me.  Only took about 30-45 minutes.  It's seriously been a great experience. 

I confess that all these threads about issues with the Ionic made me question my purchase initially, but after I received it and didn't have any issues at all, I'm so glad I bought it.  I really love the Ionic.  The sleek aesthetic and design, the bold, bright screen were huge selling points for me.  And I didn't think I'd care to wear it in the shower, but now I'm glad I can.  I love having the weather on my device as well.

Overall, I'm a completely happy customer.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

wrote:

I

I confess that all these threads about issues with the Ionic made me question my purchase initially, but after I received it and didn't have any issues at all, I'm so glad I bought it.  I really love the Ionic.  The sleek aesthetic and design, the bold, bright screen were huge selling points for me.  And I didn't think I'd care to wear it in the shower, but now I'm glad I can.  I love having the weather on my device as well.

Overall, I'm a completely happy customer.

I spend a lot of time in different types of community forums and most threads are based on complaints about different devices. It can really scare potential buyers from the product.  Its hard to keep in mind that the complaints are issues being had by a small percentage (mostly) of users. The majority are having no issues.  These types of "positive" threads are always a good read and much needed.

Best Answer

You make a really good point. I try to keep that in perspective while on forums as well. I, too, was nearly pushed away from the ionic when I came to the forums; however, I remembered that was the same thing that happened when I had the Blaze. Luckily I pre-ordered the Blaze, so anything I read came after I had already purchased it. The only time people seemed to post anything was when they were looking for a solution to a problem. That, of course, meant that something was wrong, so most of the posts were negative. 

Best Answer
0 Votes