Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of Music Apps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been doing my research and was thinking about buying the Ionic for my workouts.  But just realize that the Ionic you have two choices for music.  Either download it from you Itunes account or Pandora.  This is ok but I would like to see more.  Add Spotify to the mix or be able to use Apple music.  So now I and back to the drawing board. I would have thought that when this watch was rolled out it would have been right up there with apple and all its features. I hope that they come out with more music apps to be able to upload.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Runbettyrun  I am moving your thread to the Ionic forum.  Your comments seem more appropriate for the Ionic device forum, not the iOS app forum.

You should browse the Feature Suggestion forum for threads about the Ionic and music choices.  There are requests for Spotify, Amazon music and maybe others.  Comments and votes for Feature Suggestions are the best way to make your opinion known.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the same boat. No way will I be paying 300 bucks for a device and can't use all its features. I would need Spotify on this device before getting one.  However, its not Fitbit that would put the app on the Ionic it would be Spotify.  They would have to spend the bucks in development.  I've posted in Spotify community and requested this (as have others).  

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a 3rd option, simply transfer the music from your PC to your Ionic.  I don't like nor will never use Itunes and Pandora is only available in the USA so I just select the songs I want on my PC and viola they're on the Ionic ready for my listening pleasure, no need for external streaming services. But that suits me just fine, I realise others would like to use spotify etc I just thought I'd point out that there is a 3rd option that you have not mentioned.

Best Answer
0 Votes

wrote:

There is a 3rd option, simply transfer the music from your PC to your Ionic.  I don't like nor will never use Itunes and Pandora is only available in the USA so I just select the songs I want on my PC and viola they're on the Ionic ready for my listening pleasure, no need for external streaming services. But that suits me just fine, I realise others would like to use spotify etc I just thought I'd point out that there is a 3rd option that you have not mentioned.

I love listening to podcast during workouts, seems to make time go faster. I can download podcast on Spotify and delete after listening. To big a hassle doing that via a pc

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a preference thing, I get that and it is great that these days we have so many various ways of listing to what we want.  Hopefully Fitbit will eventually get Spotify up and running for those that are really keen on it and were left high and dry when Pandora cut access to anyone not living in the USA.

Me I'm old school, when I pay for my music (and I do pay for it) I prefer to pay just the once to listen to only those songs I actually want to listen to, I'm not into paying a monthly fee to do the same ad free. But I'm not a millennial (well I probably could be classed as one since I'm so old, but that would be in a different context 😉 ) so I'm not up with the trend of continuously paying for things 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes