Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language changed after updating to OS 2.0

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 03/23/18: Our team pushed out a site release last night which should have resolved this issue for anyone who previously experienced it.

If you're still experiencing issues with your language changing after updating to OS 2.0 please let me know in a comment below. Thanks for your patience and for bringing this to my attention.

Hi all. 

Our team has been made aware that some users language settings have changed after updating to Fitbit OS 2.0. This issue is currently being investigated. 

As a workaround, you can change your location to the country where your preferred language is spoken (ie: Italy for Italian, Germany for German) then force sync your Ionic. 

Once the language has been changed back to the correct one, you can then switch back to your preferred country/language settings and they should carry over.  

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update 03/23/18: Our team pushed out a site release last night which should have resolved this issue for anyone who previously experienced it.

If you're still experiencing issues with your language changing after updating to OS 2.0 please let me know in a comment below. Thanks for your patience and for bringing this to my attention.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

I am beyond frustrated with this stupid device.  Everyone there is an update it takes me forever to reconnect my device with my phone. 

Best Answer

The situation for me is the same as before, it just will not update again.

WiFi still does not work, and going the other way the update fails within minutes, not sure why.

This is the same as before, which is highly frustrating.

When is Fitbit going to fix their update process ???

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been trying to update  my Ionic since Friday 03/16. What is going on!!!!!?????? I have done everything and it is EXTREMELY  frustrating!! HHEELLPP!!!!

Best Answer

Hi !

I've been having the same FRUSTRATING problem and this morning, I chose to reset to factory setting my Ionic. Then, I was able to update to OS 2.  But then, I know have a problem with the language on my Watch; it was set to English (it was in canada-french before) and I am not unable to switch it back to french !! arrrg !!  Good luck with your update 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello MattFitBit,

I was finally able to update my Ionic to OS 2 but as you mentionned, my language switch from canada-french to English.  I did the procedure mentionned in your workarrond (many many times) and even though I see "Canada-French" in my profile Dashboard and in my APP, my Watch is still in English !  Also, The wi-fi can't connect and I can't set the "continuous syncro" now... HELP !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do you do the reset?? I REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sarahcharles on your Watch, go to Settings, then scroll down and click "About" and the chose "Factory Reset".  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Menita94 Hi. Did you try to change country to France? If not do it and then sync your Ionic with your phone. Afterwards you can change back to Canada French. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Language has stayed the same however when are you going to address the having to reset the factory settings on your Ionic for it to sync issue because as you guys may know it's hard to track and manage fitness if you cannot sync to your Dashboard people cannot go indefinitely without the ability to sync. I'm about five minutes from tossing this and switching to an Apple watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here... 

@Menita94wrote:

Hi !

I've been having the same FRUSTRATING problem and this morning, I chose to reset to factory setting my Ionic. Then, I was able to update to OS 2.  But then, I know have a problem with the language on my Watch; it was set to English (it was in canada-french before) and I am not unable to switch it back to french !! arrrg !!  Good luck with your update 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sarahcharles

Make sure your Fitbit Ionic Smartwatch is connected to WiFi as well as plugged in. Then make sure to keep your Phone/Computer near your smartwatch. If this does not work contact support here: Fitbit Support

Apple Watch Series 3 GPS Cellular Nike , Ionic (Retired), Charge 2 (Retired), One (Retired)| Left the FitBit ecosystem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So seriously, how do you perform this upgrade ?

I have tried 4 times now, both over the air as well as WiFi, but they all failed. Each time after the failure I have to reset the Ionic, since it refuses to connect to the phone at all.

3 our of 4 times it failed within 5 minutes after I started the upgrade, but last night I started the upgrade again at 7 PM, only to find out this morning at 7 AM, it still had not done anything at all. The status bar only showed the pink dot, but it did not tell me it had failed. Given that is had not done anything for 12 hours, I figured it was not working anyway, so the process has been stopped.

So, now what ?

You can't be serious that a factory reset has to be performed for every update ?

What is the trick to get this going ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't really understand how frustratet all the people are....

Okay, the update took really long time, and yes, the language changed to default english...

But, so what hey, are you also writing to microsoft about every issue u have?

And Windows has lots of errors...

So, english is no problem for all the people here.... you could work with this watch for weeks in english, or is this a problem for anyone? NO!

I had the same problem, my language is german, i live in switzerland.

It took me 1 minute to figure out how to change. One search in Google - and imagine, i did this in english! - and there is the workaround....

I just needed to change the location from "auto" to germany. Did a sync and it was done.

than changed the location to "auto" and everyting is done...

So, at fitbit, they r doin really good work. And there are normal people at work, like u and me. And we all do some mistakes at work...

People do rather complain about things that don't work, instead of beeing happy of all the things that work!

So, enjoy your watch, do your runs, ur push-ups, or whatever, and don't waste your time with complaining like a little child....

Best Answer

@MassiP Yes I did and it worked 🙂 Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@zehnderandy Seriously ?  You do know that this is a "Product Help Forum" right ?  This is exactcly the place where we can ask people and Fitbit some help to resolve our issue. And YES, we have the right to "complain" about it.  As you can notice, every post has been made very politely and no one was agressive towards Fitbit or everyone else.  I love my Fitbit. I am not complaining like a child; I am letting Fitbit know that I had an issue with the update. That's it.  I work in I.T. so I fully understand that there are normal people at work, like u and me because I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE.  I will now get back to enjoying my Fitbit while I do some Burpees 🙂  Have a good day !

Best Answer

@zehnderandy

You cannot possibly be serious .....

The language issue is not really an issue to me, it is easy to fix per the instruction given, but the entire update process is nothing short of a disaster. And I don't have the right to say something about that here ?

I have worked in the I.T. industry all my life, but for a device to be updated, never once did I have to do a 'factory reset' (read : completely wipe the device clean) to perform such an update. It would be the same as if I am about to update my Windows laptop, but first I have to complete wipe out Windows, thus deleting all data and software, so it is back to the state it was when I unpacked it, only to perform an update to the O.S.

That to me is completely ridiculous ...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your input. Have a good day !
Best Answer
0 Votes

I will tell you that I also had a bunch of failures trying to update the ionic through my phone. I gave up and went through my laptop app. It took 3 hours. I had my tracker plugged in the entire time of course. After 3 hours, the app said that the update failed. I nearly cried, however, looking at my ionic it was still updating. It finished doing the scroll bar across, I restarted it and the update was there. I know others in the community had more luck through the laptop than the phone. try the laptop and don't cry if it says it failed. it may not have... good luck...

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm trying to update my mother's FitBit Ionic. While doing so via mobile (Samsung Galaxy), the watch itself is now stuck on the FitBit logo update window where it shows download progress (it hasn't made any within the last two hours. It's at about a quarter of the way there touching the corner bubble closest to the lone left button). I've tried restarting the Bluetooth, restarting the phone itself, I updated the app on my phone, and all of it to no avail. Is there any means of restarting the FitBit Ionic itself? I don't want to wait 5 days for the battery to drain and restart that way.

Best Answer
0 Votes