Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lap times for swimming activity on Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I wanted to talk about the swimworkout on the ionic. When i went for a swim and i stop the workout on the watch it refers you to the app for your other laptimes. But when opening the all there are no laptimes to be seen. I have looked around and found a topic about the same problem (laptimes in the app) and there is a comment marked as acceptable solution where someone made the comment that he was going to give up on the matter. How is it possible that since a year of people asking

for this feature and it is still not here?  Also the heartrate is not measured during a swim? 

You would suspect more of these features for a watch/healthtracker for €279.

and yes i have upvoted in the requested features. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @Cynnia, it's nice to see you around the forums! Thanks for taking the time to check the Community Forums to find the solution to your issue, nice way to go! 

Regarding your question about showing time per length in the log summary; please try the following:

• Go to the Exercise App on Ionic and swipe the screen until you find "Swimming".
  • Tap the gear icon located at the top left corner of the screen to access its settings.
  • Tap "Show Laps" and select "Automatically".
  • You will see the option below "Automatic Lap Settings" not grayed out anymore, tap it to access.
  • On "Lap Type" select "Minutes".

That could show what you are looking for. If not, please try the following:

• Go to the Exercise App on Ionic and swipe the screen until you find "Swimming".
  • Tap the gear icon located at the top left corner of the screen to access its settings.
  • Swipe down and tap "Customize Stats".
  • Select either on top/middle/bottom stats the option "Lap Times".

This could also help you on showing what you are looking for.

In addition to completing only a handful of laps or stopping to rest often, inconsistencies in your swim data may be caused by any of the following:

• Stopping to rest midway across the pool
  • Resting for longer than 60 seconds after completing a pool length
  • Changing stroke type midway across the pool
  • Swimming with a kickboard or not using your hands
  • Swimming less than the minimum duration set to be auto-recognized
  • The units for the pool length setting don't match the units you use for your Fitbit settings. For example if you measure length in feet and inches, and specify a pool length in meters. For more information, see How do I update my Fitbit settings?

In regards to the heart rate question, note that heart rate detection is turned off while swimming. For more information about tracking exercises, see How do I use exercise apps and modes on my Fitbit device?

I was making some research on the Feature Suggestions Board and was able to find the idea "Heart Rate being monitored while in swim mode" which is asking for the same. Please add your vote to the idea and leave a comment too. The more votes the better! Maybe we will be able to have something like this in the future.

However, if you let SmartTrack to automatically track your swimming activities, you will see a heart rate reading. It could be inaccurate, but you can always try. You just need to activate the swimming option on the auto-exercise recognition option on the app. Fitbit recommends to track swimming through the Exercise app on Ionic though.

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I don’t think the moderator response addresses the question. 

If someone swims laps they can’t review their lap times in the app after the swim. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone figured out the fix to be able to see swimming lap times in the app? I can see the first couple laps on the watch when I complete my workout, and it says to check the app for the rest of the lap times. but in the app there is no place that shows my entire swims lap times. anyone?? the fixes posted below do not address the lap times in the app on my phone

Best Answer
0 Votes