Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaderboard app, "open the Fitbit mobile app" message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

To be honest, most of the apps I've tried on the Ionic either don't work at all or give me constant issues. The leaderboard app (another Fitbit developed app) would load for a few seconds and then change to a screen telling me to open the fitbit mobile app and check Bluetooth settings, even though the device is connected to Bluetooth and I'm receiving notifications and syncs no problem. I'm starting to think it's just a general problem with the device itself or the fitbit mobile app. If fitbit can't even get it right, what hope have 3rd party developers got!....

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@N8teGee I hope you're doing well! Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for sharing your experience with the leaderboard app, that's a very strange message from the leaderboard app as your Ionic is syncing with Bluetooth properly. Are you still experiencing the same?

Please try the following:

This should help you out. It is worth giving it a try.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue too with the Leaderboard app - Additionally Fitbit's Nest App is also giving a similar message as well.

captain_caveman2k | UK
Ionic (Retired: Charge HR, Returned: Microsoft Band II)
Alienware 15 R2 (Windows 10), Lumia 950 (Windows 10 Mobile), Xbox One S
Best Answer
0 Votes

@cc2k I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting that on this thread.

What message is the Nest App giving?

Have you tried the workaround I left above already? That might help out with this.

What happens when you open up the Fitbit Mobile App? Check if there are any updates available!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes