Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library audiobooks using overdrive app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

While walking or running,I listen to audiobooks that I download from the library to my iphone using the OverDrive app. Will I be able to do this in the ionic?

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Are they .mp3 files? If not, I would expect you will still need to bring your phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some of them are mp3 files, not all of them and so far I have only used the overdrive app in the phone to listen to them, not sure i can listen to the without the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

You might be able to listen to them but you wouldn't have any of the bookmarking or chaptering, so it would be a bore having to start from the beginning each time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

that would definetely be really bad, I hated it when that happened when i first got the original overdrive app, it has gotten way better now. So I will keep carrying my phone with me and my old Charge HR or my very much preferred One (much better than Charge HR at keeping steps) until I see the real reviews after it comes out and people try the ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aurita At launch, you can listen to audiobooks if you have it as a MP3 file and transfer it to your Fitbit Ionic's internal storage. As @SunsetRunner mentioned, this would mean you'd have to listen from the beginning every time, which isn't ideal. 

In addition, the SDK will be made available to third-party developers on September 11, 2017, so they can start building apps for the Fitbit App Gallery. Developers can go to https://dev.fitbit.com/ for full details on how to develop apps for Fitbit Ionic.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thanks, I will wait until somebody writes an app so I can keep track of where I am

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ErickFitbit!

Thanks for getting back to us on the status of the dev kit, etc... Will reach out to my favorite podcast app maker (Pocket Casts) to encourage development...

In the meantime, does the default MP3 player on the Ionic have variable speed playback? This would be a huge benefit for those of us who listen to audiobooks/podcasts at higher speed...

Best Answer