Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock notifications / wake settings? Water and touch accidentally changing settings.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A couple of times a week my ionic notifications or wake settings seem to be going crazy! At first I thought my watch was broken but it seems like when I shower or swim or do anything near water (dishes, washing hands, spilling something) it almost always causes my screen to turn on, swipe right, and messes up one of the quick settings. It will often toggle the screen wake from auto to manual or turn off phone notifications. This is super frustrating and I would love if there was some way to disable the quick settings or otherwise lock those settings without locking other apps.

Is there some way to stop this from accidentally happening? It makes the watch so unreliable that notifications are almost worthless since they're off half the time :(. 

Google Pixel with Android 8, Fitbit Ionic
Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I had similar issues accurately tracking activity in my pool fitness classes if I had the screen wake setting on auto. Movement of my wrist would wake the screen, water would hit it and pause my activity tracking and I'd end up missing over half of my workout. The only way I found to fix it was to swipe right while you're on your clock face and it should bring you to a black screen that has you battery level indicator as well as your Screen Wake setting. Tap on Screen Wake once and it should change it from auto to manual. That way when your screen is off/dark you have to hit one of the side buttons to wake it up in order to check the time, notifications, etc.

Hope that helps!

Best Answer

Hmm, thanks, that does seem to work but that's unfortunate if it's the only solution. If I can't just glance at my wrist then it's almost better to take out my phone. I'm hoping there's something in the works to make accidental changes less likely or that there's some way to lock preferences. 

Google Pixel with Android 8, Fitbit Ionic
Best Answer