Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Looking for your Ionic' when trying to upload music

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I try to upload music to my Ionic. I'm connected to WiFi, so is my PC. 

I followed the manual:

I created a playlist in Windows Media Player (I'm using Windows 10)

Set the watch in Transfer mode and on my PC I select Media -> Personal Music. 

Then the app keeps Looking for my Ionic. But it is near on the same WiFi network (I can ping it from the PC I try to upload the music. The Ionic is also via bluetooth is also connected to the PC

How can I transfer my music files to my Ionic from my PC.

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

I had a very big issue with this yesterday. Took me hours. My computer has bluetooth on it and the Ionic can't be connected to more than one device at a time. I had to turn my bluetooth off on my phone, plug the Ionic into the charger and restart my computer in order for it to recognize that it was connected. Hope this helps. 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

My boyfriend had the same issue. 

He resolved it by turning off the Bluetooth on his phone, removing the Ionic from his laptop's Bluetooth devices, and then opening the Fitbit app again. He had to reestablish the bond (meaning he had to pair the Ionic again to the laptop's Bluetooth when the app prompted him to do so). 

Even after this, it took a while to find the Ionic and transfer the music.

Also, the app went unresponsive when the upload was finished. Just for you to know. 

Still, the music was transferred from the laptop. Hope Fitbit decides to make the phones available to transfer music as well. 

Best Answer

From what I have read (and not done yet), the best way to transfer music to the Ionic is via Wifi.
Be sure your phone is on the same 2.4 wifi as you want the Ionic to join, this is critical!!

Go into the Fitbit app on the phone and select the Ionic device and then the join Wifi option.

Once the Ionic has joined the same wifi, the music app should find it and transfer the music much faster.
Oh, and of course the laptop/computer must be on the same wifi and it must be 2.4, NOT 5.

(Note the music MUST be in a play list, not just folders).

Best Answer
0 Votes

hmm, that's troublesome to hear...I don't want to make my router have to go to slower 2.4 just to transfer music occasionally.  Guess I'll just have to use the connector/usb cable route.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly like the manual prescribes, and exactly hou I did it, but it is not working. It seems that it cannot file the Ionic

Best Answer

Tried your suggestions, but the issue remains. De app cannot find the Ionic.

Best Answer

@thebaldgeek wrote:

From what I have read (and not done yet), the best way to transfer music to the Ionic is via Wifi.

WiFi is only way to transfer music. Its not very intuitive, and involves:

- computer with Fitbit app

- phone with Fitbit app

- charger connected to Ionic (don't expect it to work if Ionic is on your wrist)

- non-public WiFi network (don't expect it to work at Starbucks)

1. (Computer) Make playlist, and setup sharing if iTunes

2. (Phone) Use Fitbit app to connect Ionic to WiFi

3. (Computer) Start Fitbit app and go to the screen Media > Personal Music screen

4. (Ionic) >>>Put Ionic on charger<<< Open Music app and tap Transfer Music

5. (You) be patient, because you need to wait a long time for music to transfer 

Hope that helps.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

@bbarrera wrote:

@thebaldgeek wrote:

WiFi is only way to transfer music. Its not very intuitive, and involves:

- computer with Fitbit app

- phone with Fitbit app

- charger connected to Ionic (don't expect it to work if Ionic is on your wrist)

- non-public WiFi network (don't expect it to work at Starbucks)

1. (Computer) Make playlist, and setup sharing if iTunes

2. (Phone) Use Fitbit app to connect Ionic to WiFi

3. (Computer) Start Fitbit app and go to the screen Media > Personal Music screen

4. (Ionic) >>>Put Ionic on charger<<< Open Music app and tap Transfer Music

5. (You) be patient, because you need to wait a long time for music to transfer 

Hope that helps.

My Ionic was delivered about noon today and I have the Burnt Orange and live in Richmond, VA.  The first thing I did was charge the Ionic.  The next thing I did was sync the Ionic with the Fitbit App on my iPhone.  It took about 25 minutes to download the Ionic's software and install it.  After I completed that I started setting up the settings and the music (See Below).  The Ionic is very user friendly and intuitive.  Highly impressed and one happy camper!!

I'm installing my music as I type this.  'bbarrera' gave great instructions!  The only thing I did NOT need to do was connect my Ionic to the charger, but it was fully charged prior...  I use Apple iTunes and I already had "Playlists" created for my iPhone.  I had no trouble at all transferring the music over to the Ionic, however, there is a file "Type" that the Ionic doesn't recognize, that being a "PROTECTED AAC" file.  It has no problems with the regular AAC file, but not so much with the protected version.  So, I just converted the ones (only had a hand full like that) that were Protected and, the files transferred without a glitch.  I transferred over 2 playlist, with about 135 songs and it only used about 1/3 the space available on the Ionic!  Lots of extra room left..

So far, I have NOT had any issues what's so ever and I'm in love!!!!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer

I have a macbook. The Fitbit app on mime IPhone saus use your desktop app Fitbit Connect to configuratie yre Ionic;

The Fitbit connect app on mine MacBook says: use your Fitbit App on your phone!

what can I do now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

JORKAL,

I have a PC, but here are the instructions from Fitbit:

MAC
  1. On your Mac, click the Fitbit Connect icon in the top right corner (User-added image) and then choose Manage My Music.
  2. Click the gear icon (User-added image) in the top right corner > Advanced Settings.
  3. Click the + to add the folders where you store your music to the Music folders list and then click Ok.
  4. Check to see if our music service found your playlists. If not, you may need to add more folders.

Hopefully this will help you, however, if you need more HELP, back out to the IONIC forum (where this post was started) and look to the right side under "IMPORTANT LINKS".  Scroll down to "TRANSFERRING MUSIC" and review that help area, that should resolve your problems, hopefully!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perhaps an update for Mac should be coming soon. Make sure you have the latest version of the Fitbit Connect for Mac from https://www.fitbit.com/setup?platform=mac

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RHAD Have you tried following the steps found in this help article?  You'll also find a video below step 6 that can help. Check it out when you can and should you run into an issue, let me know what step you get stuck on. Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CarlosCFitbitThat was indeed the procedure I've used (in vain) to sync the music.

The Fitbit app is unable to find the Ionic, as it keeps looking for is, while there is a Bluetooth and WiFi connection.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue on my mac

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, I Will do that

Best Answer
0 Votes

There seems to be more problems with the bluetooth and detection. Look at the screenschot: the Ionic is paired and connected, but the Fitbit App cannot find the Ionic.screenshot.png

Best Answer

@RHAD

I have the same message on my PC and the same problem...

Music upload don't work

Sense / 3x IONIC / Charge2 / Fitbit-Flyer / Aria 2 / Aria 1 // App auf iPhone 12 ProMax
Best Answer

The story worsens: I tried it on another PC. But although the Fitbit is paired and connected, the app cannot find het Ionic.

I think Fitbit has more sync problems than you see at first sight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RHAD Our engineering team has noticed an issue where Wi-Fi  turns off while trying to select your playlist for some users. I'll let do some more investigating to see if there is a workaround for this. Thanks for your patience and for the screenshot. 

Best Answer
0 Votes