Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of sensor, battery life and calibration issues with Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All,

Any help would be good. Had Ionic watch for just over a year and no problems till 2 weeks ago. Loss of battery within hours and change clock face - that worked. Yesterday did the same and had to charge 3 times to get it to 100% then flat with in hours. I noticed the sensors are no longer showing a light from them. Done all steps from forum ideas - reboot to factory reset and yes calibration but it won't calibrate and again no lights on the sensors. The heart rate was not responding which I believe that causes the battery to go flat trying to work. Turned off the heart rate option but still went flat.

Any ideas and not happy it's 2 mths out of warranty too. Thanks in advance if you can help. Cheers B

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you fitbit they did lots of test over the past couple of weeks and have accepted my watch is faulty and is sending out a replacement, thank you so much hope everyone else has good luck with their issue and just don't give in to you get your desired result. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Welcome to the Community @Brooke.A. Thanks for the details mentioned. Sorry to hear you're experiencing this. 

I would like you to make sure you've restarted it and fully charge it. After this, please follow the tips to improve your Ionic's battery life

Regarding your heart rate sensors, try the steps on this article: Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device?.

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This just happened to me as well.  I called support, and they said my battery is dead.  Less than two years old, and I have to buy a totally new watch.  Unacceptable.  I hope you have better resolution!

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @MQuickSilver. Thanks for sharing your experience with our Support team. 

Rest assure that each case is reviewed individually and the option provided is based in the Fitbit Warranty. Your feedback is appreciated, we're always working to provide you with the best service. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply,

I have reviewed all your notes and the first bit I was saving battery as I didn't have any of that stuff on. The second bit re heart rate it just won't calibrate and I have followed all instruction. 

Now what am I to do as I to won't be impressed if I get told that the battery is no good buy a new one. 

The sensor is obviously faulty and needs to be repaired as it won't calibrate and you can't even see it working.

Please advise and thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also want this NOT marked as accetable solution as it didn't fix it pleaee

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've encountered the same issue as well. The only thing that works are the buttons.....the watch doesn't recognize when I touch the watch and battery life runs out pretty quick......I've only had this watch for 2 years.....it worked great until last week.

Help and what are my options?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for replying and I hope many people do as if this is a problem with this fitbit then the company should remove the item from sale or sell it with a 1 yr to 2 yr life span. Hope we get a solution and or advise people to stay clear from this product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Brooke.A. I appreciate that you've taken the time to troubleshoot this with me. I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you and providing you with options. 

Welcome to the Community @ChillMo. Thanks for the restart done. I would like you to make sure you've done the troubleshooting I posted above

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, @SilviaFitbit I've followed your suggestions and it still doesn't work.  Help, I miss my FitBit Ionic and each day it's NOT operational costs me money and benefits due to the 3rd parties using the data.

Thanks for your prompt attention to this matter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @ChillMo. I understand how important is to keep track of you data. 

In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and they will continue assisting you. 

Catch you later!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you fitbit they did lots of test over the past couple of weeks and have accepted my watch is faulty and is sending out a replacement, thank you so much hope everyone else has good luck with their issue and just don't give in to you get your desired result. 

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit, Support has reached out to me but since this watch was a birthday gift, even though I had the gift receipt, they stated it's NOT under warranty.  I've had this watch a little under two years...wow, I was shocked to say the least.

They stated I will be sent a link to buy another Fitbit product, with a discount, but since they don't warranty their products as is, why would I?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happy that you were able to get a replacement.  I am having the same issues you are and its with a Fitbit ionic that they sent me as a replacement cause the 1st issues I had was that it wasn't water resistance when I jumped in the pool with it on (my pool is not deep at all so it should have been fine but it was found faulty so they replaced it).  Now, since I'm past the warranty on it and I am having issues with the replacement that they sent me with battery dying really fast (did everything to conserve the battery life too like you and still nothing worked), to having the calibration not syncing or working just shows an red X every time and it is updated with firmware 27.70.7.14 and still having issues.  Wish they would fix the faulty replacement that they gave me but they keep throwing the "out of warranty" and "we already replaced it", yeah you replaced it with a faulty one and they won't own up to it.  So now I'm stuck with this watch that doesn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes