Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Calibration of Barometric Altimeter for Fitbit Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to manually calibrate the barometric altimeter (I've searched the forums and not seen anything like this)? When I do a ride/run I get a certain elevation reading but when it syncs to Strava (more like IF it syncs to Strava but that is another issue) the elevation reading is wrong.... I contacted Strava and received the below;

Can you please check your settings on your Ionic regarding the barometric altimeter, and recalibrate if necessary? As of now, your activities are getting pushed to Strava without barometric elevation data and only with GPS data (which then uses the basemap calculation as previously explained). 

Any assistance would be highly appreciated!

Thanks

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@JAH678 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing the experience you are having with Ionic and elevation data being synced to Strava. Thanks for sharing what they said about this and all the details regarding this situation.

Currently, there is no way to manually calibrate the watch. It calibrates on its own. 

Is the elevation data wrong only when it transfers to Strava? Is this data showing correctly when you track other activities?

You could try revoking Strava access from your account and then linking them back as that could help you out with this.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also get very wrong measurements with the altimeter/elevation readings on my IONIC. I noticed very often the elevation measurements during trainings stay on 0. I also noticed the Altimeter App of Marco castilio is very wide off. Depending on the air presure 150 meter plus or 150 meter minus. It is never correct. At this moment the airpressure is very high 1031 mBar. Could it be the elevation measurement during trainings does not function when the altitude is negative (as for now -150 meter?)

I cerainly would like a possibility to calibrate the air pressure/ altimeter readings.

Kind regards, Ger Elskamp

Best Answer

I, also, have issues with the Altimeter app. Currently the barometric pressure at my location is very close to that being published by my local airport, 7.3 miles to the centre of the main runway as the crow flies, at 1018 vs 1020 

However my Ionic shows my height as being -126 feet and I am not in Death Valley, any suggestions as to how I can calibrate the altimeter.

Best Regards

APM.

Best Answer