Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maps following hike not downloading - since July 16

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All,

I have recently had an issue with my Ionic/Fitbit app where it doesn't show my maps from my recent hikes. 

I wait until the GPS connects on my Ionic and says let's go before starting the activity. All my hikes until that point have shown the map.

The stats for the activity have all been recorded, etc. but just the map does not display on the app or when I go online to the website. On the fitbit website when I log in to it and look at the day for the activity it shows a small overall map on the day but when I click on the activity it just comes up error.

I have synced my Ionic with the App quite a few times.

Any ideas what may be up?

Thanks.

Bev

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @macwiebe, thanks for stopping by! Your Ionic should vibrate when you find a GPS signal, if it doesn't find a signal immediately, keep in mind that environmental factors including tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and even thick cloud cover can interfere with your watch's ability to connect to GPS satellites. 

I'm sure you probably already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps, however, it won't harm to take a look at all the information here about the requirements, error messages and troubleshooting steps that could help to improve GPS accuracy.

Have you updated the app to its latest version already? We're currently on version 2.76 for iOS and 2.76.1 for Android. 

If you've checked the above and you're still having issues, please restart it

If you keep getting the error message you mentioned above whenever you try to see the details of your GPS map, please share with me a picture of it so I can go from there. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply.

i have being using the GPS on my Ionic since last year and haven’t had issues before 😞 I always wait to make sure it is connected (feel the vibration) before starting it. 

I have looked at all the troubleshooting tips, but no difference.

I have the most current version of the app 😞

i have restarted the the app and my Ionic.

This is what I see in the appThis is what I see in the app

When I look on the day’s dashboard on my computer I see the small summary mapWhen I look on the day’s dashboard on my computer I see the small summary map

The error message I receive when clicking on the small map for more info just does this and then only says “Error”The error message I receive when clicking on the small map for more info just does this and then only says “Error”

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for any other feedback

Best Answer
0 Votes