Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot find an setting for rowing on my Fitbit app.  Can someone tell me where to look and/or how to add this to my app?  I row nearly everyday and having it on the app would help a great deal.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @HolmesGurl71, both "rowing" and "rowing machine" are activities built in to the Fitbit activity database, so you can definitely use them.

I would suggest, in order to get the most accurate record of your activity, tracking your rowing on your Ionic using the "workout" exercise shortcut.  Unlike the other shortcuts, "workout" is designed to be renamed to cover any activity you like.

At the start of your session on your Ionic go to "Exercise" scroll to "Workout" (if it is not already added in your app then make sure to add it) and start tracking.  Press the finish button when you are done, and sync your exercise as usual.

The only extra step you have is after you have synced go to your log and choose "categorize exercise" (iOS) or the pencil (Android).  Start typing "rowing" and it should come up for you to select it.  Takes only a couple of seconds and you are done.

Fitbit can't add every possible exercise to its exercise shortcut list, but by using the "workout" shortcut you can have any exercise you want recorded on your app.

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes