Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Canadian banks in Fitbit Pay-Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ok, it's been well over a year now that the Ionic was release....  In Canada only two banks option for wallet.... is this product (smartwatch) a failure or is there still people at fitbit working for this feature.  Seems that fitbit doesn't care about its Canadian customers.   The message here is, thanks for you're money but we won't put the effort in for you guys.  This was advertise with basic features like wallet, hanse try to respect you're engagements.  

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

Hey there @blazeh10, thanks for stopping by! Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

If you have an RBC or ATB card, it can be added to your Fitbit Pay Wallet!

If you use a different bank in Canada and would like to see it added, I would highly recommend checking out our feature suggestion board and adding your preferred bank to the list. This is the best way for our team to gauge interest for new banks to be added. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is very frustrating! Just paid extra for this feature only to find there are 2 Canadian banks that currently allow fitbit pay. Ugh.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Zepppp! I totally understand you and I do really appreciate your feedback in regards Fitbit Pay for Canadian users. 

As I suggested above, I'd highly recommend checking out our feature suggestion board and adding your preferred bank to the list. This is the best way for our team to gauge interest for new banks to be added. 

Keep an eye open for updates! Smiley Wink

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Think the point here is the lack of commitment to Canadian market over time. I too have been a Fitbit customer for years, multiple watches, different accessories with each...  purchased my last watch with understanding of wallet capabilities.  I, and others, have given feedback in the forums on this subject.  Until recently FitBit only had 1 CDN bank and it wasn’t even a national bank.  Fitbit does realize you could add 4 national banks and probably cover the majority of the Canadian market but the choice was to launch with Alberta Treasury Branches???  Now it’s taken years to get RBC listed.

Bottom line is ... we can’t wait forever, especially when other options are out there.  The wallet is the differentiator, and shouldn’t be relying on users to beg and plead in forums to prioritize this capability. Fitbit is either serious about wallet in Canada or not.

Love the Fitbit but may be time to move to Apple.  No response needed I know your hands are tied Marre.

Best Answer

Is this a joke?   Start with mastercard with banque national and the all the main banks in Canada.  Why should I spend time doing you’re homework.  I do not work for fitbit.   This is the type of question you ask when you already have lots of bank but theres only 2.   

Best Answer

Hey there @blazeh10, thanks for stopping by! I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

If you use a different bank in Canada and would like to see it added, I would highly recommend checking out our feature suggestion board and adding your preferred bank to the list. This is the best way for our team to gauge interest for new banks to be added. 

I was making some research and was able to find these ideas asking for the same:

Please cast a vote for these ideas and leave a comment to show support for them. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Best Answer

As someone who works for a tech company, I can 100% confirm that my company works similarly. If there's a feature request being submitted by clients then it willl get higher priority in general than things being proposed by internal staff as client proposed issues show there's demand for the change whereas internal staff suggestions could be things that would be nice to have, but there's buy-in or desire by clients to have it.

Want to get your request given priority? Get your friends, relatives, acquaintances, or whoever to go upvote the suggestions so Fitbit knows there's demand for the feature and they can justify spending the time it takes to have it implemented.

Here's some more:

(BMO)

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Add-BMO-to-Fitbit-Pay/idi-p/2423853

(Scotia)

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Fitbit-Pay-Bank-of-Novia-Scotia-Scotiabank/idi-p...

(TD)

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Fitbit-Pay-TD-Bank/idi-p/2370254

(Newfoundland Credit Union)

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Add-Newfoundland-Credit-Union-to-Fitbit-pay/idi-...

(Capital One Canada)

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Capital-One-for-Canada/idi-p/2801287

(PC Mastercard)

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Add-President-s-Choice-MasterCard-to-Fitbit-pay/...

Basically do a search for whatever bank you are wanting to put in a request for and an upvote to the request with the highest number of votes if it already exists.

Here's the search I just used:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&q=Canada%20Pay&locatio...

Upvote.PNG

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Yes agree please get more banks for Canada 

Popular card is PC Mastercard 

Simpli financial 

American EXPRESS!!

it seems like we have been neglected 

The feature is useless right now 

Best Answer

I think it is ridiculous there are only three financial institutions listed for Canada.  I have the Versa & the pay feature is useless.  There have been a lot of requests for CIBC but still nothing.   Very disappointed ☹️ 

Best Answer

Hey there @jazcan, thanks for jumping in here! I totally understand your point. Our team is aware of this and they are working to implement more Canadian banks. 

As I've mentioned above, the following ideas are very similar of what you're requesting for:

Please cast a vote for these ideas and leave a comment to show support for them. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

If there's any questions present, let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you please add Canada Trust to fitbit pay! Thank you would be much appreciated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is frustrating I have to agree. Just bought an ionic for my husband to find that he cannot use the wallet feature. We have an RBC debit card. Even though RBC is listed as one of the acceptable banks, the wallet will only take an RBC visa not debit. 

Best Answer
Yes it is frustrating!! Especially since Fitbit appears to be doing nothing about it!!Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Ugh! Paid extra for Fitbit Pay and turns out that only two Canadian banks work with it. It's terrible! If only I'd known...

Best Answer
Tell me about it !!!!!I am still waiting Fitbit!!!Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Still waiting on banks from Canada... TD capital one not supported, total joke

Best Answer

Need more Canadian Banks.  Get on it!

Best Answer
I have been waiting forever to use this feature on my ionic..but Fitbit appear to not give a crap..it seems more important to come out with new.and better products then to finish what they have already sold us.When my ionic dies I will be rethinking my loyalty to Fitbit Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
Called TD this morning regarding my credit card.  Not supported, so I am going to get an RB card after I call and make sure it is suppoerted.  Then maybe ATB card.  Got to put pressure on Banks.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes